What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DmcL

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 30, 2014
Washed and half properly cleaned it.. Paints good so I skipped mildly abrasive polish and the da polisher. Went straight to mother's carnauba wax. Did tyres with meguiars (the purple stuff) and done the wheels with poorboys wheel sealer. Wheels could use polishing but I'll do that with the cordless drill another day. Also went over the dash and interior trim with some turtle wax spray stuff and cleaned around the engine bay.

Will have to take some proper pics of the car at some stage.

MeanBuicks

Master Mechanic
Apr 1, 2014
Memphis, TN
I too polished the stew out of the GN todat and waxed it using the black Turtle Wax stuff. It works well.

HDFXR1991

Apprentice
Aug 21, 2011
Wisconsin
Removed the rag joint finally after a couple of years looking at it. Added the Nescam. Took it out for a test and tickled the 4 bbl. Love that sound of the Rochester.

565bbchevy

Geezer
G-Body of the Month
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
Well, after having my Autometer Ultralites in almost a year and trying to change things to match the silver bezels which I realized after installing them they don't match anything in my car, I finally decided to pull them out and paint the bezels black and I thought of doing the steering wheel also but after taping it off with black electrical tape I decided it looks better polished and I also switched back to my black shifter plate instead of my chrome one.
The faces actually look slightly tinted now when the flash from the camera is not on them.

MeanBuicks

Master Mechanic
Apr 1, 2014
Memphis, TN
Bought a GN rear sway bar at the Buick GS Nationals on Friday. This morning I wire brushed, sanded, painted and installed it on the Cutlass. It now has GN bars front and rear. It can't accelerate worth a crap but at least it goes around corners competently. :)

82GPLJ455

Greasemonkey
Jul 26, 2014
ma.
Welded a patch in the exhaust and emptied the cat.i couldnt see wasting 50 bux on a pipe since im just gonna be ripping it off in a couple months for the v8 swap.

Found out my power steering pump is junk.works great,no noise but front bearing is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor