What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

85Gold-Heart

Apprentice
Jan 7, 2014
Ft.Stewart, Ga
Yesterday my upper radiator hose busted. So I call the local auto parts store nobody has the part for my car since its a 4.3l, I will never by a v6 g body again. I chose to order the part from autozone since they were the only store which could get the part yesterday. I ordered the part at 3 pm I had the part at 6:30 pm, with the truck running late. So replaced that and the most mangled rusty looking thermostat I have ever seen. I went with a 180 degree thermostat by duralast. I hope the idiot lights dont cost me the motor one day lol

Clutch_Grabwell

Greasemonkey
Jun 5, 2007
Millbury, Mass.
I'll have to back up a bit:
Drove the Monte to Musclepalooza on Memorial Day. No problems until next time leaving home, the clutch hydraulics quit. This appears to be a good time to upgrade the clutch pedal to a newer design that offers lower pedal effort.
However, this about the time both of my kids start looking to buy houses. I'm a dad first and Monte owner second so repairs wait until the kids move and remodeling on their houses is under control.
Got back to work on the car and finished the clutch repairs last week. The new pedal really delivered! Smoother engagement and noticeably less effort. And there's still time in the season to get some seat time.
If seat time means driving it to the dentist, so be it. Until it won't start after leaving his office... :(
First time towed since the trip home from paint (with no motor installed). I suspect that the fuel pump quit, it's got 12v but pump remains silent. The gas tank is now on the garage floor and I'll track down a new pump tomorrow.
Flatbed001_zpsfec61923.jpg

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Took a road trip to serve a claim, had a Mercedes AMG pull up beside me at a light and he floored it taking off, he did the same thing at the next light when I was stopped behind him, then on the 401 heading back a BMW M5 was fallowing pretty close so I pulled to the middle lane when there was an opening and he pulled in behind me and then pulled up beside me and took off pretty fast. My car looks fast and it does go pretty good but against those cars even if I did street race I would hope those cars with their price tags can beat me. Those guys paid alot of money for their cars but apparently are still intimidated by an old G body. I wonder if their cars will still be on the road in 30 years.

thepcsurgeon

Master Mechanic
Oct 10, 2013
Orange County, NY
Dr. Seuss lorax mobile

MeanBuicks said:
CWPottenger said:
Attempted to put new carpet into my door panels... I Failed... :(

I think it looks pretty good! :rofl:

car-photo-funny-interior-orange-shag-carpet-dash.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

L.A.X-RATED

Royal Smart Person
Aug 25, 2010
Clutch_Grabwell said:
I'll have to back up a bit:
Drove the Monte to Musclepalooza on Memorial Day. No problems until next time leaving home, the clutch hydraulics quit. This appears to be a good time to upgrade the clutch pedal to a newer design that offers lower pedal effort.
However, this about the time both of my kids start looking to buy houses. I'm a dad first and Monte owner second so repairs wait until the kids move and remodeling on their houses is under control.
Got back to work on the car and finished the clutch repairs last week. The new pedal really delivered! Smoother engagement and noticeably less effort. And there's still time in the season to get some seat time.
If seat time means driving it to the dentist, so be it. Until it won't start after leaving his office... :(
First time towed since the trip home from paint (with no motor installed). I suspect that the fuel pump quit, it's got 12v but pump remains silent. The gas tank is now on the garage floor and I'll track down a new pump tomorrow.
Flatbed001_zpsfec61923.jpg
ive said it onCE,and will say it many more times... "I LOVE THIS CAR!!!" 8) did you get one of bernies pedals?

johnson350

Greasemonkey
Oct 4, 2013
Florida, USA
Got new distributor in and in time. Also tuned the carb. Still need to redo my alternator, last thing I need to do to make it road ready.

Kansas Bu Wagon

G-Body Guru
Jul 9, 2012
Wichita, Ks
Bought a sawzall and got the stock exhaust out of the way. The started painting the floor pans with some etching primer. Once the motor, trans and gas tank are out of the way I can finish it up with some undercoating.

Clutch_Grabwell

Greasemonkey
Jun 5, 2007
Millbury, Mass.
As seen above, my Monte was recently towed home after the fuel pump quit. A Bosch replacement unit was installed and the car started right up. All set, right?
Nope. The new pump lasted about 10 minutes and the Monte rode home on the back of a flatbed for the second time in a week. Enough already....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor