What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
After a week of below freezing temp in NJ we had 64 deg and warm today (yet tomorrow and next week below freezing again!). Started up the Olds and ran it a bit - getting a squeaky pulley. Oiled it up for now will replace in the spring once we move.

It was 4 degrees today :wtf: cold as heck so I just went to local steel yard and got a piece of 16g sheet metal for my heater a/c delete panel as I can't see paying $89 for one on the inter web. And the rest of week is suppose to be just as cold so I have to wait till warmer weather so I can clean my engine bay. I hate the north country :!:

I just tried to start my car and the fuel pump just went out on me. Does any one know if i can swap in a walbro 255?

Took out the GP for a decent weather drive, Went to visit my mother and was leaving her house and my sisters cat was chilling on my hood as it was still warm...
imagejpeg_0_zpsox2o3uhe.jpg

tried shooing it off but it jumped on my roof then when I opened the door it jumped in :lol:
20150110_170431_zpsyzdtrzk8.jpg

20150110_170449_zps0rfy2k1o.jpg

It bounced out after a while so I jumped on the highway and was cruising at 70 speed limit was 65.... was going along on the left lane when a car all of a sudden got on my *ss, So I sped up to 80ish to get distance between the car and me AGAIN it got on my *ss so again I sped up to get room lo and behold he turned on his lights! :? Damn! it was a State patrol!! I pulled to the right lane getting ready to get off to the shoulder cuz I figured it was ticket time :puke: He then turns off his lights and he pulled up to my window with his interior light on and points for me to pullover?? I pulled over to the shoulder and he kept going!!! :wtf: I waited for about 2 minutes thinking another patrol officer would come up then said screw this and took off!! got it home and put it away!!

wow makes you wonder wtf he wanted or was trying to do, hope you got his car # and called in his boss, you should not have to go thur that kind of metal fustration
f---ing cop's hate there gang *ss's

FirstClass 383 said:
wow makes you wonder wtf he wanted or was trying to do, hope you got his car # and called in his boss, you should not have to go thur that kind of metal fustration
f---ing cop's hate there gang *ss's

I did break the speed limit twice... :lol: and I got off "i hope" he probably has my plates and is gonna send me a ticket :shock:

I got all my body mounts out. Out of the 12 mounts only 4 came out. 2 were completely broken off and missing and the rest had to be cut out from the top. I also found out that the points where my gas tank straps mount to the body are all but completely rotted out. Now im thinking of a fuel cell but not too excited about replumbing all of the fuel lines :roll: Here is what is left of the body mounts. They will be replaced with solid mounts from JT Racecraft.

body mounts by bwollens1983, on Flickr

bishop gp said:
Tried to finish puttin new motor mounts in and watched horrified as the jackstands sank into the ground
Used my cherry picker a tow chain and my body weight bouncing on the the back of it to remove my deeply embeded jack stand from the now frozen clay of my back yard so much for "non sink" feet on those

bishop gp said:
bishop gp said:
Tried to finish puttin new motor mounts in and watched horrified as the jackstands sank into the ground
Used my cherry picker a tow chain and my body weight bouncing on the the back of it to remove my deeply embeded jack stand from the now frozen clay of my back yard so much for "non sink" feet on those

I remember those days !! 3/4" plywood cut in 18"x18" squares helps spread out the weight but clay is def unstable unless its frozen or completely dried out.

Finally !!! Between scheduling conflicts and work I have been trying to get my car into indoor storage since the first week of December. Finally dropped it off this morning. I tell you it was not happy to be fired up in -10c temps. Its the first time since US thanksgiving that I have started it. It fired right up but sounded like it was running on 3 cyl !! Black smoke and popping out the exhaust for the first couple mins.
Its parked between a newer Mustang GT and my boat until March 15.

The goal is to sell my house and be purchasing another ( with a garage !!! ) by May 1 so it doesn't have to sit outside anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor