What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slowpoke

G-Body Guru
Dec 23, 2016
Went to basically the only junkyard worth a damn that I know of today and grabbed some wires I needed for my Regal as well as the little clips that hold the purge cannister down. Must've lost mine in during the engine transplant(s). First one to guess what all of the wires are/are for gets a virtual cookie of their choice. Also took some pics of some of the cooler cars there. There was also an 80s 4 door Bonneville that has the jounce+GP bars that I will be coming back for, providing it's there next time.

Lastly, I spotted this regal (not for parts, sadly) that bears an uncanny resemblance to mine. Exactly the same in everyway, minus the gold pinstripe. Mine is silver. Also spotted a regal hood and decklid sitting on a truck. Decklid was kinda bent.

If you go back, can you double check the quality of the regal taillights?

Slowpoke

G-Body Guru
Dec 23, 2016
Well didn't do anything to the car per say, but I did order fiberglass front and rear bumpers from kirban performance for my build.

Reactions: 3 users

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
First one to guess what all of the wires are/are for gets a virtual cookie of their choice.
looks like you are installing or powering up an electric choke.
joe

Jimmy

Greasemonkey
Jan 25, 2016
Gulfport, MS
IMG_1067.JPG

Upper control arm and new brake line installed.

Reactions: 1 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I got some more sh*t bolted on. It is absolutely amazing how you can hide bolts from yourself!
20180228_201451.jpg
20180228_201429.jpg

I got lucky on this one, pulled it straight out my booty hole! I bent the pulling bracket on the vise, then bolted it up. Check the clearance, Clearance!:banana:
20180228_195503.jpg

Reactions: 1 user

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
View attachment 83654
Upper control arm and new brake line installed.
hey jimmy, do your self a favor, turn the grease zerk so it faces the front or back, 90 degrees from where is it. that way you can access it with the wheel on.
joe

Reactions: 1 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Ain't nobody wanna guess- spill the beans, Cool! Whatcha dern wit dem wires?
From left to right:
Partial vacuum line for HVAC controls.
231 Oil Pressure Sender Connector... thing. For the electric choke.
Little wire harness for Blower High Speed, green wires go to the compressor. Red is hot all the time.
2 wire loom bulkhead connectors. Hey, might as well grab em.
Partial water/heater valve vacuum line.
Hot wire to HEI. Mine is spliced with some random same gauge wire I found to elongate it for the V8 swap. It's been annoying me. Ideally I'd want a whole solid wire, but until that time, this will have to do.
Factory Choke wire/connector.
Blower Motor resistor plug, old one was melted on the light blue terminal.
Ground wire+tab for blower motor.

All that for $5.30. And Rock Auto wanted $10 plus shipping for just the resistor plug. pfft.

I'll keep my virtual cookie. Thanks for playing.

Attachments

• junkyard8.jpg
    junkyard8.jpg
    292.4 KB · Views: 138
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor