What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
It wasn't that nice. That's just a pic I found online. It was an old soldier. It ran great and was really smooth going down the road but the body was in a terrible state. The body solder at the welded seams was falling off. The passenger floor board was gone. You could lift the patchwork of like 6 floormats and see the ground going by. It was a great parts car. The body was too far gone to save but it donated power steering, big front brakes, five leaf rear springs and on and on. All the rubber was shot and it was miserable to drive/ride in on a cold wet day, but it was still a cool car. Cruis-o-matic.

Reactions: 2 users

Haley72692

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Sep 12, 2018
Got my mini spool installed and did a few burnouts up the road to test it out 😉

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I had to get a longer serpentine belt, the belt with the CS130 installed was too short with the CS144 installed which is hard on the bearings. A 99" belt fits perfect. I installed the AEM X series wideband tonight and it so much easier to read than my 4110 and quicker.....:)

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
3rd time's the charm. Gotta get some new amber lenses and bezels, but otherwise it'll do. still, not bad for $25.
bumper6.jpg

Reactions: 8 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I fixed a very slow leak in a rear tire which was hard to find. I had to fill the tire up to 50 lbs before I found it. I installed the "new" rear view mirror so it's nice to have decent light in the front seats now. I tried to track down a problem I have with my tack. The tack wire is a ground so I traced that wire to see if for some reason the wire is bared at some spot causing it to ground. It's not so unfortunately the VDO 5" tack that I installed in the cluster has to come out. I use a tach for the rpm and my speed since I have no speedo so I need to find me one quick......:)

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor