What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got the carpet in and am reaching the end of the break-in period for my rebuilt motor. Starting to finish getting my black interior back in after it being in boxes for a year and half.

I am currently rebuilding a 750 Carter Competition Carb that ran rough on my motor. Turns out one of the floats was waaaay too low and there was some built up crud in the carb itself. Kinda expected it with it being a 30+ year old carb.

Once finished with the interior, last little project is to box up the lower rear control arms and do a much deserved body detail/clean-up.

I sprayed the base coat on it and am just waiting for a couple of hours to let the base breath then shooting it with matte clear..

painted breather

Installed trans cooler lines and shifter. PS pump and tv cable and exhaust left.

Began prepping the front frame for coating this morning. Might begin the top coat with some beverages when I get off work in an hour.

Yesterday I took the opportunity to clean and degrease the upper engine/intake since the carb is off the car being rebuilt. Lots of dirt and stuff from mice/squirrels..nuts etc lol. Gonna replace the mess of vacuum lines while its out and I've got access as well. Pics when I get the carb back and installed. I also received a new timing set with gaskets. I'm gonna have my mechanic put them in, since I've got 130k on the original nylon gears, and my mech said there was play in the chain when he gave the car a once over when I bought it. I'm hoping the fresh rebuilt carb and new timing set wakes up the motor a bit, at least enough so I can drive it a bit till I get the new motor. Then maybe I can sell the 307 as a decent running motor too and help someone else out after I get the 350 Rocket 😀

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor