What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elco Slimm

Apprentice
May 14, 2011
Phoenix Az
Raced a 96 Impala SS and beat him by 2 car lengths!!!! Also changed my turn singal bulbs

Crazcnuk

Apprentice
Aug 26, 2011
Hinton, AB
After 'accidentally' spinning my tires for 1/8 mile, at the dragstrip, they won't let me in burnout contests anymore.

I once did a burnout, to test my line lock, and for rest of the year people were out there trying to beat my black marks

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
joeairforce said:
Replaced the fuel pump.... But it didn't fix the problem.... :evil:

time to start a thread to maybe get some ideas on what the problem may be....

Highwood Malibu

Greasemonkey
Jul 14, 2011
Calgary Alberta Canada
I am still waiting after three weeks to get my Malibu from the body shop. Went in for simple floorboards cause I don't got the equipment and I am very frustrated. Though when I do get back I am finishing swapping the interior with a Monte Carlo, was 80% done before I took her to the shop.

Highwood Malibu

Greasemonkey
Jul 14, 2011
Calgary Alberta Canada
Today I am finishing the interior swap I am making with a Monte Carlo.

papabearxl

Royal Smart Person
Sep 2, 2008
Parrottsville, TN
Was going to install the new end links, since I got my painted sway bar and new bushings on, and for whatever reason, the bolts for the end links were too short.......I think I may have been shipped the wrong ones...so I made some "bolts" of my own to replace the short ones....
I cut some threaded rod, about 3/4" longer than the bolts, welded a nut to the end, and voila!
I figure since the original bolt was plated, the best it could be would be grade 106, so I think the threaded rod will be strong enough....I will drive it (when ready) and keep an eye for any bends or warping, but here they are:
Photo0474.jpg

Photo0475.jpg

and one put together with the bushings and such, next to the original bolt:
Photo0476.jpg

I plan on painting them before installing..... black, or galvanized.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
one thing the ends links do when you tighten them up and bottom out the nut on the threads that gives you the proper compression on the bushings.

supkylesup

Master Mechanic
Mar 7, 2010
Toledo, OH
i had the same problem on those energy suspension sway links.
All i did was take each bushing and put them on the bench grinder to shave off a little.
you just need to shave enough to be able to get the bolt to grab the threads.
Then when tightening the bushings will compress alot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor