What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I slapped in a new windshield wiper motor as the old one just couldn't do it's job anymore, it's really nice to be able to wash your windshield, especially considering how dirty the snow makes the streets here nowadays. Also swapped the summer tires for winters. I'm ready for whatever winter has to throw at me!

Its almost immediate cold after Sandy here in FL. Might of been high 70's low 80's temp. Shots from yesterday putting my doors together.

Attachments

• IMG256.jpg
    IMG256.jpg
    305.4 KB · Views: 1,041
  • IMG258.jpg
    IMG258.jpg
    326.4 KB · Views: 1,039
After a year of not wanting to fix 2 broken body mounts. Got around to fixing one of them. What a pita. Drilled a hole with a hole saw (for guessing not bad placement) and an ezout to extract it through the top.
2012-10-30134015.jpg

Continued applying sound deadener on my GP... This is getting old!! i just finished the passenger side door and began the driver's side. I broke all the door clips and found that i'm missing seals as well! And i still have to get the sail panels and roof done still! :shock: Hopefully it's worth it!

Getting my Malibu ready for the track next season.

016.jpg

PGLM said:
othtim said:
PGLM said:
bought a pacemaker for my Pontiac. Maybe I´m twisted or something, but I am planning to put turbocharged 1UZ-FE engine to my car, some bang for a buck, you see... 😳

Why of all things a 1uz-fe ? Isn't that kind of like masochistic? An LS swap would fit better, look more natural, be easier to work on and get parts for, cheaper to swap, have more displacement (power), which would let you meet your goals with less boost, have a bigger aftermarket support...need I go on . I could understand keeping your car all toyota or nissan if it was an import, but really...I think a 1uz is a major downgrade. WHy why why?

If you want a decent boostable import motor, why bother with a 1uz? They only really are cost efficient in pure stock form. Try getting a valve job done and then tell me its cost efficient (unless you are a machineist yourself lol). Why not put a 1JZ or 2JZ in if you want an import boostable motor? You can run 600 HP in a 2J without having to touch the short block, seems like a no-brainer. What youre doing lies somewhere between masochism and diabolic evil.

Jeah, I would really like to put LS in it, but here in finland they are very expensive to buy, and used ones are very rare, and still expensive. So it definetly is not cheap upgrade here. Still I want to keep V8 under a hood, not any straight six, even so that they are easy take lots of power. 1UZ-FE costs here about 1000€ (~1250$), and with that amount of money, you can only get some old 170hp 350cid van engines or something crap like that. We dont have scrapyards full of potential cheap engines, there you can only find some european cars...
My plan was to buy 1UZ-FE, and chance injectors to 1000cc, run it with Haltech which I allready have, ja charged it with holset and use E85. Under 14psi boost, it shoult make nice power, and if it brokes, I just buy a new engine... I have 12years of experience with turbocharged imports, so I think I know what I am doing... 😀
After all, its bang for a buck...
Here is some video of 1UZ-FE potential, unopened original engine, 640whp, not bad I would say...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkawTiyIg10

here it starts... :shock:
Next new plenum, turbo headers, 1000cc injectors, etc...

Attachments

• 20121024_204519.jpg
    20121024_204519.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 926
finished installing the sound deadener in my interior and began spraying the interior panel's SEM graphite grey... pics to come in my ls1 build thread 😀

sandy almost took out my car or a least made a big dent in it, it's just all scratched.

Attachments

• 1030115014[1].JPG
    1030115014[1].JPG
    342.2 KB · Views: 837
  • 1030115028[1].JPG
    1030115028[1].JPG
    317.7 KB · Views: 836
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor