What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a great day at the Ocean Gate EMS car show today. Also met up with one of my friends there who did the paint and body work on his Cutlass and he is going to do all the body work for me (with my help of course) next month. Looks like paint may come sooner than expected!

Tomorrow is the Baywick Plaza in Bayville Halloween show - my company is sponsoring a trophy so I hope to see some of you out there!

Attachments

• SAM_0471.JPG
    SAM_0471.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 612
Did all the "pre-flight checks" for my autocross tomorrow. Drives straight, stops straight, steering works, greased, and full on fluids. Didn't have time to clean or fine-tune though. :|

new wheels and tires..it was a toss up to go 17s or 18s i went 18s 8" in front 235/40s and 9" 275/35s for the back end..i think it looks good maybee 17s with a 40 or 45 sidewall would of looked good as well, im not used to this low a profile tire but its growing on me. wheels came with a 5" bs i have 3/8s spacers in the rear and none in front and no rubbing issues at all, car is lowered about 2"

Attachments

• regal 082.jpg
    regal 082.jpg
    794.1 KB · Views: 584
  • regal 083.jpg
    regal 083.jpg
    967.7 KB · Views: 576
cut out the spare tire sump, cut the hole for my fuel cell to sit into, welded in the piece to fill the hole I made ware the spare would sit, seam sealed it, painted it, mounted fuel cell, and battery box, gutted interior, sprayed body mount bolts with some pb blaster so I can let them soak to do the body mounts this coming week, vaccumed out all the sh*t from where I gutted the car. very busy day today.

Installed a GP bar.

Pulled out the Comp Cam with the ground off fuel pump lobe because the previous owner didn't use the correct fuel pump push rod. Installed LT4 hot cam.

Had a great time in Bayville today at the 1st Annual Restore the Shore car show. Lots of cars showed up! No trophy for us but we cleaned up in the tricky tray auction. Raised a lot of money for the Monmouth-Ocean Food bank in the process. For me it's the last show of the year, so looking forward to checking some big items off the project over the winter.

Attachments

• SAM_0485.JPG
    SAM_0485.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 484
a Few weeks ago i lowered my cutlass using 2" drop spindles and this weekend i added the 1" Eibach springs. Not knowing how much sag there was from the factory springs I was a little worried about not getting any drop out of the new springs, actually when we sat the OEM springs next to the lowering springs they were about 3 to 4 inches shorter then the OEM. Well anyways I got the new springs in and it actuallyu dropped about 1/2 inch so I am happy and the ride is great. I cant believe how much better it rides and handles.

1st pic spindles and springs the 2nd pic lowered with just spindles,

Attachments

• Lowered Spindles only.JPG
    Lowered Spindles only.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 458
  • Lowered Springs and spindles.JPG
    Lowered Springs and spindles.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 432
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor