What did you do to your G-Body today 2024

Anchorman GIF
View attachment 246182View attachment 246183View attachment 246184View attachment 246185View attachment 246186View attachment 246187View attachment 246188
As my neighbor, the 90 year old farmer used to say " She come from together"......

• Haha
Reactions: Sweet_Johnny
there should be some #'s at the base by the mounting hardware on the choke side.the 1st 4 digits is the model #

I’ve been trying to do a little bit everyday.
Still working on figuring out some mystery plugs in the dash harness ,the service books I have are kind of weird.
Either way all the Vintage Air stuff came in, I’ve been slowly working on that.
I installed the ICT compressor bracket along with the new compressor.
Vintage Air condenser is in as well. Working on getting the firewall unit assembled. The shape of the panel made for weird cuts. I tried to use all the scraps. 🤣
IMG_7156.jpeg

IMG_7222.jpeg
IMG_7232.jpeg

• Agree
Reactions: Rktpwrd
Well that makes my issue seem stupid by comparison ._.

Anyway, new used th350 likes to hang in gears. Sometimes first, sometimes 2nd. But it does it only about 25% of the time and once I get going it's fine. Fluid level is good, fluid only has a couple hundred miles and isn't burnt yet, there is material on the stick but there was material in the pan when I got the trans and no doubt a decent amount I couldn't remove from the converter.
Might drop the pan and look at the filter and futz with the governor and make sure it's not sticking. Once the trans decides it wants to shift it shifts perfectly fine and doesn't slip a bit.

Last edited:
No KaBoom???? With that level of destruction, there should have been an earth-shattering KA-BOOM!!!

Gotta second the notion of the school shops cut-away motor idea. Most of the heavy lifting is done already. Both seven and eight are junk, the oil pump has been sheared away, The split runs all the way from the #7 exhaust through the water jacket and down through that back freeze plug boss and then down and across to end at the starter motor boss. I can almost think that that block had been injured already; just wasn't showing or making noises about it, and finally just succumbed to an increasing level of damage over time. Just as a question here, did you happen to sonoflux or magnaflux that block when You built the mill?

Nick

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor