Not open for further replies.

bishop gp

Greasemonkey
Jan 1, 2015
Evansville,IN
axisg said:
bishop gp said:
bishop gp said:
Tried to finish puttin new motor mounts in and watched horrified as the jackstands sank into the ground
Used my cherry picker a tow chain and my body weight bouncing on the the back of it to remove my deeply embeded jack stand from the now frozen clay of my back yard so much for "non sink" feet on those

I remember those days !! 3/4" plywood cut in 18"x18" squares helps spread out the weight but clay is def unstable unless its frozen or completely dried out.
18"x18" brick pavers work really well too :mrgreen: I went and got a few from a buddy he had left over from a patio

War Machine

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Nov 11, 2014
Out with the old. The new is sitting beside the tool box. Waiting for a cam swap and in goes the new.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    134.1 KB · Views: 491

H2O gbodies

Apprentice
May 2, 2009
I built a prototype reproduction window harness for my 80 Monte. I already built them with express down but I wanted to see if I can add express up as well-it took some work but I got it done and tested. Now to see about adding it to the sunroof next-I hate having to hold the dang button constantly.

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Used aluminum foil to repair a stripped fuel mixture solenoid lean stop screw. Tomco used to make a repair kit for that but they stopped making it as G body support keeps falling off.

axld86

Greasemonkey
Nov 7, 2013
between disney and bush garden,FL
started on this parts today, rear end assembled and ready for paint.

Attachments

• IMG_0803.JPG
    IMG_0803.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 409
  • IMG_0810.JPG
    IMG_0810.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 432

monte olrac

G-Body Guru
Feb 11, 2009
Wichita damn Falls Tx.
I finished installing Zexel Torsen diff with 3.42 gears, Fbody rear disc brakes, southside machine upper and lower trailing arms, 2 inch lowering spring. my wheels are from a 2010ish camaro

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Took advantage of a rare 57F day in January to paint the sandblasted GN axle before the snowstorm arrives tomorrow. Gonna be windy this afternoon....

I hope to have my hands on a set of Camaro steelies next week, just like the last posting! Damn, my brilliant idea turns out to be just the latest trend in G-bodies!?!

Attachments

• DSCN5434.JPG
    DSCN5434.JPG
    396 KB · Views: 305

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
EBay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/230993705953

First issue: the inner diameter just barely touches at the corner on the stock 10-1/2 front rotor hubs and will need to be filed about 1/8" at a 60-degree angle - I'll probably turn them on a lathe at work unless I get the S-10 knuckles installed first. These have a totally different profile and will have no issues.

Second issue: the 2010 Camaro uses M14x1.5 studs instead of the G-body M12x1.5 studs. I thought I might press out the studs and redrill for the larger lugs - a box of 20 from RockAuto is only $20 - in order to use the stock lug nuts that came with my rims. However, when I looked up the company a few minutes ago to copy the link, they now offer lug nuts to make these work with Camaro rims. I sent them a message and I will post their reply when it comes in.

Before you slam 'crappy' EBay mystery products: when I put these on the Malibu, I had no issues (at all) with the lugs staying tight. I bought a pair of Cal Custom bolt-on adapters from Summit for twice the price three years ago and I had to keep tightening them for days because the studs were barely pressed in. Fortunately I never lost a wheel. (They finally seated, and I've had no issues since then.)

The tires are 235/45/18. Found locally on Craigslist for $100. These are 26.3 inches in diameter, just a tiny bit larger than the stock 195/75/14s. Data from Tire Rack suggests that this is the largest width tire recommended for these 7-1/2 inch wide rims.

Attachments

• Camaro Rims.jpg
    Camaro Rims.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 299
  • IMG_5465.JPG
    IMG_5465.JPG
    196.4 KB · Views: 352
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor