What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
Replaced the leaky oil filler cap on Olds Cool. Great, now I’ve got a clean spot on the valve cover...

View attachment 77926

so in other words:
clean spot on v/c=pull motor and clean thoroughly, detail engine compartment and frame (you know, "while I'm there).... lol

Reactions: 1 users

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Enclosed coin op wash, that works?! Fancy.

Neptune's in Cedar Falls...heated enclosed car wash, used it many times when i was in Iowa

Reactions: 1 users

ItsnotaGN

G-Body Guru
May 28, 2016
Colorado
Finally got the body up on blocks so I can finish the rusty body mount holes in the frame. So if you're gonna go this far, you might as well box the frame and install the UMI notch kit, release the snowball down the hill please.....
IMG_2934.JPG
IMG_2935.JPG

• Winner
Reactions: 7 users

Slowpoke

G-Body Guru
Dec 23, 2016
Finally got the body up on blocks so I can finish the rusty body mount holes in the frame. So if you're gonna go this far, you might as well box the frame and install the UMI notch kit, release the snowball down the hill please..... View attachment 77951 View attachment 77952 [/QUOTE

Yup I agree! Had the frame off.. And what the hell notched it boxed it too. Waiting for it to come back from powder coating shop to install umi goodies!

Reactions: 2 users

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
I put my new $38 distributor in my El Camino, since I accidentally ordered a V8 distributor instead of a V6 one for my Bonneville. I never realized how wore out the old one was, as I had issues revving over 3000 RPM and it was kind of jittery at idle under the timing light.

The new one actually revs quickly, and pulls to 5200 like it should. For a Chinese part, I was impressed at how well built it seemed to be.

(I will be keeping a spare ignition module in the glove box though)

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor