What did you do to your G-Body today? [2011-2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
I ordered a new alternator for the Pig. I've got a chirp under the hood, and that's the only spinny thing that isn't new.
Could be the belt. My brother has an 02 GMC that has the thread on fan clutch. Many years ago we didn't have the special tool to hold the water pump pulley so we were pushing on the belt with a block of wood to try to keep the pulley from slipping on the belt while we tried to break the fan clutch loose. We ended up damaging the belt, though it wasn't visually obvious. It took us awhile to figure that one out. look at profile of the belt all the way around and look for a 'wrinkle' in it.

• Informative
Reactions: 2 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Just finished, as MotorheadMike called it, a poor man's LS6 valley cover by drilling and tapping mine to accept an 3/8" NPT fitting. No use in spending $115 on the LS6 cover when I had the tap at home.
Now I will be able to setup a pcv catch can system on the turbo's to keep the crankcase pressure at bay.

Thanks to Mike for sharing the knowledge!!!!
20171201_203043.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 9 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Off to the tigger (local welder) to get the home grown crank sensor bracket made for the new crank trigger wheel that came in the mail today. Can you say more boost, more spark and traction control :):)

Attachments

• IMG_1017.JPG
    IMG_1017.JPG
    748.9 KB · Views: 159
Reactions: 5 users

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Got me some spark plugs, and pushrods for the LS yesterday. Then dropped em in just because. I will have to remove the rockers and adjust/torque them down as required...hopefully this weekend! View attachment 77901 View attachment 77902

Are you going to get this wreck to run? Just kidding :).

I really hope you get this going. I wish I had the patience you have for appearance. We (son and I) appear to be more interested in the 9 second street car that'll get 15 mpg. To each his own - your car is going to be beautiful - git r done.

Edit - the BTR stuff is good and they are great people to deal with.

Reactions: 3 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Are you going to get this wreck to run? Just kidding :).

I really hope you get this going. I wish I had the patience you have for appearance. We (son and I) appear to be more interested in the 9 second street car that'll get 15 mpg. To each his own - your car is going to be beautiful - git r done.

Edit - the BTR stuff is good and they are great people to deal with.
Lol, I'm sure hoping to have it run like a scalded dog when done! I plan on starting it out around 8lbs until I get used to it. Then I will turn it up:)!!!! Thanks for the compliments, and yeah it will be "show car" worthy, but I will have my fair share of tire-frying fun.

The BTR guys are decent for the most part. I try to buy local when possible, and them being 30 minutes away makes it easy when I can get stuff the next day, or same day if I wanna drive there.

Reactions: 3 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Installed new Moog Springs and Gabriel Ultra shocks on the rear. Oh lord what a difference. Just pushing on the car in my driveway it feels like a new car. I used to be able to bottom out the suspension with a good shove. I could see where the tires have rubbed away undercoating from bottoming out so much in the four wheel wells. Case in point:
Still gotta do the fronts, and bolt on the rear swaybar.

• Winner
Reactions: 1 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Installed new Moog Springs and Gabriel Ultra shocks on the rear. Oh lord what a difference. Just pushing on the car in my driveway it feels like a new car. I used to be able to bottom out the suspension with a good shove. I could see where the tires have rubbed away undercoating from bottoming out so much in the four wheel wells. Case in point:
Still gotta do the fronts, and bolt on the rear swaybar.
:eek::eek::eek:!!!! And drop that fresh, shiney red motor in!!!

• Agree

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa

Attachments

• shinrybuick2.jpg
    shinrybuick2.jpg
    258.8 KB · Views: 134

Rktpwrd

Builder of Cool Shjt
Supporting Member
Feb 2, 2015
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Replaced the leaky oil filler cap on Olds Cool. Great, now I’ve got a clean spot on the valve cover...

ED1D3BE6-5383-49BD-8810-DA12C1708314.jpeg

• Winner
Reactions: 5 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor