Greasemonkey
Nov 13, 2018
Rio WI
i sanded and sanded and sanded and sanded, my arms feel like noodles

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
The up side is i have a relatively open garage, i shot skeet pretty decently today, i have a full belly with yard bird and i have plenty of beer.[/QUOTE
:respect:

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Ain't much G-body action today, but it's been nagging me a little about the 87 442's SOHIO service sticker that's been getting crispier as the years tick by. April 1 will mark the 28th anniversary of service being performed at the Exit 9 SOHIO station on Lorain Rd in N. Ridgeville, OH. I think it became a Sunoco, and now I believe they tore all that down and it's doctor's offices or some sh*t.

Anyway, I decided since it's cold as a witch's tit in a brass bra today, I figured I'd get round tuit. Here's my almost finished draft from photoshop vectoring. I should bust down and get illustrator, but so far I'm doing ok. I just don't like the continuous subscription stuff Adobe's doing nowadays.

I just inked in the numbers from the old one and I think it's going to be good enough when I'm done. I tried to find a close font for the gas station info. I always liked these kind where it gave you the service station name. The sticker is actual size, but the photo shows it a bit larger than the real thing. I did try to "age" the decal a little by adding a little yellowing to the background. It will remain paper like the original. If I did polyester or vinyl, it would be a bit too shiny and never wrinkle.

Now that I have my template, I'll never worry about it getting crusty or if it falls off, I can just print a new one!

View attachment 105156
Pretty slick! I likes it....a lot.

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Went out to the garage & lubed & hand spun the 350 the make sure the bores get another coat of protection. Everything was sweaty from the temps going from below -0 to 60. I gotta get some heat & squirrel traps in there.

Reactions: 4 users

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
Drove it's butt to the barn, pulled the alternator, did not cover the car and left it there. Have been installing an amp with blue tooth and amp works but BT does not. Have to send all the crap back as defective. Alternator not working AGAIN so pulled off so I can have bench checked, seems to have proper feeds as batt and ign on. Checked with voltmeter and tried to excite with test light. Hard to believe 2 bad alternators. Have not drove in forever due to being all apart and muddy a**ed road due to way too much rain. Wife JUST asked me about car while I am posting this and I told her its pi**ed me off and she had the audacity to laugh. She is not feeling well so I attribute to fever and lack of car sense. The up side is i have a relatively open garage, i shot skeet pretty decently today, i have a full belly with yard bird and i have plenty of beer.

Had alternator checked and bad regulator so have ANOTHER one to on. mailed back amp and stuff today. Took day off as feeling a bit puny and ran a bunch of errands

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
It’s official. Put my GBF sticker on my wagon. Yeah, yeah...I have a CGBG sticker on there too. But they’re cool guys on FB. Think I’ve seen some of you guys on there too, TBH. Don’t worry, GBF is my first love. ;)

CDA98F49-E607-46E0-B114-36E436FBA186.jpeg

Reactions: 3 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Slipped and slid my *ss to work. On purpose. Does pretty good in the snow with half bald 235 Cooper's and a worn out GN posi. Rear shocks become terrible in -25*. Who knew.

Reactions: 1 users

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Finally installed new hood struts today. Used my KYB shocks rebate gift card to buy the hood struts, so they were free.

Reactions: 3 users

FastCraig

Master Mechanic
Sep 11, 2017
Huntington, WV
Replaced the Eelbrock chrome air cleaner lid with a breathable lid.

Attachments

• IMG_20190208_185025.jpg
    IMG_20190208_185025.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 109
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor