What did you do to your G-Body today? [2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
please start a thread on this. we are curious. are they bonded, welded or ?
where did you get them?

Turna beat me to it as far as my build thread.

The rims are interference fit by 0.010 of an inch. Cool the center down to shrink it and heat up the hoop to expand it. When they get to room temp they're stuck together. I'm having someone TIG the entire inside perimeter to keep it locked together.

Hutch

Reactions: 3 users

oldsofb

Royal Smart Person
Supporting Member
Dec 7, 2007
Maryland
  • Haha
  • Winner
Reactions: 3 users

airboatgreg

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 2, 2016
After 3 weeks of ignoring the f****r I put the alternator on last weekend and hooked up the amp and blue tooth for the stock radio yesterday. Drove 3 miles to get a cell phone signal so I could pair and viola....I have a decent sounding ride. Now is the neatness and fineness part as my old accounting teacher stated that it is just as important as getting the correct answer with the wiring and mounting the amp. Then some upholstery work on the rear curtain to allow for access to the spare and the speakers.

Reactions: 4 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Nothing too crazy...added a barb fitting into the water pump spacer to aid in steam removal.
Also had to clearance the throttle stop on the china throttle body to clear the Holley intake. Now the water pump is torqued down and done as well as the throttle body. Next......
20190223_225322.jpg
20190223_235943.jpg

Reactions: 7 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
I almost got to trimming the shroud until my Spidyey Sense kicked in about my tree that went down. Getting all the measurements started to how much if any of the side ribs will be left. Mother Nature must be mad at me.

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I almost got to trimming the shroud until my Spidyey Sense kicked in about my tree that went down. Getting all the measurements started to how much if any of the side ribs will be left. Mother Nature must be mad at me.
I wouldn't say mothet nature is mad, but more like somebody was watching out for you allowing that behemoth to fall where it did!!!!
I had a close call when the wind storms from Hurricane Ike rolled through Louisville in 2008. About 1/3 of the tree split...part landed on the gutter/roof and the other part missed the Cutlass by mere inches!!! Crappy part was we hadn't even paid our 3rd mortgage payment yet on that house and had to file a claim!!!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

CaliWagon83

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2017
Orange County, CA
Finally got the gas gauge to work! My suspicion that the sender floater was getting stuck on the baffle was confirmed. We had to bend the floater arm to clear the baffle to finally get it to work.

The way we tested it was pretty clever. My father-in-law attached some thread to the floater arm, and pulled up and down to determine that we were getting full travel. Unfortunately it took two tries, and purging and re-filling the tank twice until we finally got it all dialed in. I feel a lot more confident driving it now knowing what my fuel level is! :giggle:

Reactions: 8 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor