What did you do to your G-Body today? [2019]

ItsnotaGN

ItsnotaGN

G-Body Guru
May 28, 2016
Colorado
Found a new door hinge pin set cleaning out an old tote of junk. The driver's hinges have been done, so I did the passenger door on the Monte, and you know, one of the old bushings was cracked. I think tomorrow we go back to D/A sanding, or drinking green beer, or perhaps both.

Injectedcutty

Injectedcutty

Comic Book Super Hero
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Found my E fan brackets, got them mounted and hung the fans to check clearances with rad cover and such. While at it I mocked up the intake pipes and discovered I need some different couplers/pipes to make it fit right, but damn it's close.
Now I'm brainstorming for trans cooler mount ideas. The new cooler is too heavy for me to comfortably mount it to the radiator. Donovan gave me a couple good ideas to run with.

Still can't get pics to load so that's all for now, shame to because the intake setup looks pretty badass!!!

EDIT: Thanks Fleming442...suggested I use chrome and it worked!!! So, here are progress pics....
20190316_145425.jpg
20190316_145442.jpg
20190316_125306.jpg

Last edited:
fleming442

fleming442

Geezer
Dec 26, 2013
Found my E fan brackets, got them mounted and hung the fans to check clearances with rad cover and such. While at it I mocked up the intake pipes and discovered I need some different couplers/pipes to make it fit right, but damn it's close.
Now I'm brainstorming for trans cooler mount ideas. The new cooler is too heavy for me to comfortably mount it to the radiator. Donovan gave me a couple good ideas to run with.

Still can't get pics to load so that's all for now, shame to because the intake setup looks pretty badass!!!
I ziptied mine to the cross bars with some sections of rubber hose to prevent chafing.

RG383Hurst

RG383Hurst

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Mar 7, 2015
Finished moving and welding up the tank mounts to accommodate the 70 Camaro EFI tank. I finally have it sitting where i want it. Seam sealed the trunk, top and bottom. Undercoated inside the trunk. I still need to undercoat the underside of the trunk, clean and paint the straps. Finally had some time to spend with the ol girl. Slow, but some progress. Can’t wait to mount the tank for the last time.

Attachments

O

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
Finished moving and welding up the tank mounts to accommodate the 70 Camaro EFI tank. I finally have it sitting where i want it. Seam sealed the trunk, top and bottom. Undercoated inside the trunk. I still need to undercoat the underside of the trunk, clean and paint the straps. Finally had some time to spend with the ol girl. Slow, but some progress. Can’t wait to mount the tank for the last time.
thats nice, i like it. i have had a similar idea of doing this with a FI tank from a 95 caprice. what or where did get the upper tank stops? did you just cut out and move the originals or did you graft in ones for a camaro?

1evilregal

1evilregal

Comic Book Super Hero
Apr 23, 2009
Greensboro, NC
Finally got the rest of the exhaust mounted up on the chief today.i took a few months away from it, as not having the correct crossmember and headers created some wrong angles and didn’t fit quite right... (forgot to get any pics)

Did however, manage to finally check just how bad the rot on the trunk/back window filler was..... did get a pic of that...

Attachments

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck ConsolesDixie Restoration DepotMike's MontesP-S-TSouthside Machine PerformanceUMI Performance

contact[email protected]for info on becoming a sponsor