What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldsmobile joe

Royal Smart Person
Nov 12, 2015
mpls
225/50-17 front, 255/45-17 rear. Rears are only about 1/8" wider than Cooper 245's but same height as fronts and made in USA🙂 unlike Coopers from China☹. About all I can fit in the rear without wheel well work.
Fyi, with the proper rim, 275/40/17 will fit all around on the early cutlass like ours. Coupe and wagon.

Reactions: 3 users

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Second Round Tuit of the weekend (year?) on the wagon.
Finally installed the replacement steering wheel I picked up from OD Showtime. The original was a sticky, nasty mess of 40-year-old vinyl glop. A cheap wheel cover allowed me to at least move the car around.
DSCN5710.JPG
I think it's from a later GM like a Cavalier. I wondered about the color when I opened the box (after 4 years), thinking it was too dark.
DSCN5716.JPG
But it was about spot-on to the 'Camel' interior. Except for the more Disco-style emblem, it looks right at home. And I corrected to PO's screwed-up clocking from the last repair. We'll see if the horn works when the car gets power again. (Kevin included ALL the necessary bits!)
DSCN5715.JPG
Thanks, Kevin for the time you spend rescuing G-body treasures from the Canadian Prairie!

• Winner
  • Love
Reactions: 13 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Nut and bolted the Monte. Fender liners and that damn turbo oil drain again. Baby steps.

Also, just kind of laid underneath it feeling pleased with myself on a rainy day.

Reactions: 8 users

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
Car decided to not start, no spark condition. Ended up finding my Chinesium HEI coil chooched it's last. Changed back to an old cap and coil that I had on the shelf and she starts well again. At least I don't have a red distributor cap under the hood of a green car anymore.

Reactions: 5 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Second Round Tuit of the weekend (year?) on the wagon.
Finally installed the replacement steering wheel I picked up from OD Showtime. The original was a sticky, nasty mess of 40-year-old vinyl glop. A cheap wheel cover allowed me to at least move the car around.
View attachment 150089
I think it's from a later GM like a Cavalier. I wondered about the color when I opened the box (after 4 years), thinking it was too dark.
View attachment 150091
But it was about spot-on to the 'Camel' interior. Except for the more Disco-style emblem, it looks right at home. And I corrected to PO's screwed-up clocking from the last repair. We'll see if the horn works when the car gets power again. (Kevin included ALL the necessary bits!)
View attachment 150090
Thanks, Kevin for the time you spend rescuing G-body treasures from the Canadian Prairie!
Quinn,
The wheel looks nice and right at home in your interior. I have the same wheel in Oxblood/ Claret in my car currently. It came out of a Celebrity Eurosport.

Reactions: 4 users

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Took the car out for a nice little drive this morning. That's about it. Too hot to do much of anything else.

• Winner
Reactions: 6 users

ssn696

Living in the Past
Supporting Member
Jul 19, 2009
Permanent Temporary
Took the car out for a nice little drive this morning. That's about it. Too hot to do much of anything else.
Gotta mix up the old gas and refill the fuel lines.

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I finished off the other upper door panel, cleaned up the bottom panels and painted them. Took a break to let the paint dry to help my son out on one of his project. I finished off the insilation on the drivers door and then installed the lower panel and the top panel which needs a bit of tweaking but I'm happy the way it turned out. I need to get some straps to close the door so if any of you have Monte straps for sale let me know...

20200628_174014.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 13 users

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
Also, just kind of laid underneath it feeling pleased with myself on a rainy day.

I tend to do that too, but the wife gets bored after a while.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
Nut and bolted the Monte. Fender liners and that damn turbo oil drain again. Baby steps.

Sometimes I do the same thing, tinker a bit, then lay there daydreaming about future plans.

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor