what do you plan to do with this hole?

20200630_181105.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

UC645

Royal Smart Person
Apr 20, 2020
Kittanning, Pa
I worked on the doors, switched out the wiring for the windows since a few wires broke off the window switch connectors I had. Found the door switches and wire in an old Cadillac and surprised the switches were the same style that my GP had and ones that I could find anywhere..... :)

View attachment 150337
Can those switches only be found in 2 door Cadillacs? Or will 4 doors work too? Mine are kinda brittle.

Reactions: 1 user

UC645

Royal Smart Person
Apr 20, 2020
Kittanning, Pa
Didn’t do much except for putting brake lines and caliper mounting brackets on the 8.8. I think I’m going to save my cash for a hydraulic flaring tool just to have one, made 2 lines in under 5 minutes :banana:

And are these metal strips able to be removed from the inner fenders or do I have to keep them on?
C4A73A72-687D-4618-BA5D-4D894F068BEE.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
mounts aside,what else's the plan?
what do you plan to do with this hole?

View attachment 150338
same thing i do with any hole
fill it

EYOOOOOO

but srsly
I gotta fab up a patch, or find/make a washer (dont have any frame repair washers) with more or less (preferably more) the same OD as the hole and the same ID as the OD of the bushing nub. Its corresponding hole in the body is also rotted out, so I'll use one of them trunk cage nut repair things I bought from ebay from Tamraz. Same location on the passenger side has a broken bolt body side, and it's frame hole is thin. The passenger rearmost cage nut ripped, the driver rear is fine, but they'll get done up as well.

Then overall the rest of the frame is pretty much mint. No broken bolts, no more rotten body sections, just more grinding, scraping, and just making it look nice. Plan is to por15 the frame, rust treat the body, and re undercoat. Underside will be mint. Bodywise, shitty. Or as I call it, camouflage. I'm really aprehensive to painting it because then that will mean I'll actually have to care about it getting hail damage, morons banging shopping carts into it, people setting sh*t on it, shutting the door with my *ss, etc.

Reactions: 2 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I installed the sweeps on the upper panels, installed the door panels and when I went to put up the window all I got was a click....took the door panels off to finally find a broken wire from the module to put the windows up when hitting the door lock fob. Got it all back together and installed interior trim for the t-tops and quit for the day. Some good news is the Fast handheld stopped working all togeter so I brought that home with me. Got the frame off around the screen with breaking it, I had thought the frame and screen were one piece, popped out the screen and the circuit board behind it. I was happy when I saw there was a 3 wire connector that had fallen out of it's spot so I plugged it back in and made sure the wire is secure and put the unit back together... :popcorn:

• Winner
Reactions: 5 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor