What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
woops, not only was I not licking my springs I was also not traveling 120-130 mph, it was kph....I checked my GPS and at one point I did hit 160 kph which sounds quick but that's only 100 mph, 160 kph is a no no though cause up here anything over 50 over the speed limit they grab your car and licence for a week. .... :popcorn:
Only a week? I wanna move to Canada.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
Only a week? I wanna move to Canada.

for that week you have to pay the impound and towing fees, then pay $280 to get you licence reinstated and then you just have to wait for the insurance company to up your policy if they don't chose to cancel it .... :popcorn:

• Wow

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
for that week you have to pay the impound and towing fees, then pay $280 to get you licence reinstated and then you just have to wait for the insurance company to up your policy if they don't chose to cancel it .... :popcorn:
OK, then, maybe I'll stay in Seattle, that's still close to Canada.

• Wow

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I was going to change the broken hanger but it was just a nut that fell off so that is done and I'm ahead of schedule...on another item the Motive pressure bleeder I bout that is fro European cars that cap fits my clutch reservoir so I got lucky there. I'm glad I an cutting the tube so I can use other adapters cause I have to turn the unit to spin the cap onto the reservoir, dumb set up when they charge so much..... :popcorn:

Reactions: 2 users

UC645

Royal Smart Person
Apr 20, 2020
Kittanning, Pa
Got it to move for the first time in months
BF04AA0F-192F-4FCA-97CC-F32F10B11A3D.jpeg

I think the 14 inch tall Landrums are a *tad* too tall though.

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users

MalibuDavyou5

Master Mechanic
Mar 2, 2020
Wyoming
Not much I can do today. But it is pay day so I went out to Harbor Freight and got a 4" Grinder for the cutting out the Rust Cancer spots on the Quarter and Fender panels, thankfully these are not too rotted out, but. . . I have to wait for this damn Fire Smoke that came out from California to clear up, already have had one co-worker get red in the eyes from this stuff working too long outside, it's pretty bad and hazy.

That said I did post up an ad on NextDoor.com to hire a welder. Soon as this smoke clears I will be able to play with my new toy. Until then I am pouting 😤, I wanted to play today.

20200821_175105[1].jpg 20200821_175038[1].jpg

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
Not much I can do today. But it is pay day so I went out to Harbor Freight and got a 4" Grinder for the cutting out the Rust Cancer spots on the Quarter and Fender panels, thankfully these are not too rotted out, but. . . I have to wait for this damn Fire Smoke that came out from California to clear up, already have had one co-worker get red in the eyes from this stuff working too long outside, it's pretty bad and hazy.

That said I did post up an ad on NextDoor.com to hire a welder. Soon as this smoke clears I will be able to play with my new toy. Until then I am pouting 😤, I wanted to play today.

View attachment 155078 View attachment 155079
Hope you are able to find a good welder, and not someone who wants to gain practice by using your car. Be sure to check them out before giving them the job.

MalibuDavyou5

Master Mechanic
Mar 2, 2020
Wyoming
Hope you are able to find a good welder, and not someone who wants to gain practice by using your car. Be sure to check them out before giving them the job.

Yup that's the plan, if the ad doesn't work out I know a few people (Mechanic's included) that know someone who would do it. Just means paying alittle more if I can't vet anyone. Right now the ad is open for bidding, that means I will be able to vet someone out before offering the job.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor