What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Customer dropped his core off at the track last night was only to be a short block but he brought me a long block instead
It’s a S&S reman according to the tattletales on the freeze plugs
So after getting spanked first round today I needed something to do the rest of the day to drown my shame
So apart it came it’s a 010 4 bolt block with good caps bored.060 over with O rods cast crankshaft .010 on the rods and mains as you can see by the pictures this engine didn’t run very long bearings are like new and little wear on the pistons
I would love to know why
So if the block cks out good I’m just going to clean up the rotation assembly. reassemble it with new rings and find it a new home
339259AA-B457-4F10-835F-D9E2CB343F99.jpeg
ED2A9A98-8A65-497C-824D-EB7D3FE654E7.jpeg
803121FA-C964-46EC-9C53-98B05796500B.jpeg

I worked on the adapter cap have to buy some material to make a gasket for the Jeep cap and it should be good after that....if anyone is wondering why I'm so insistent about making the cap is to buy a Motive adapter it'll cost me $70 buy the time it gets delivered...or I could have bought the unit for my MC for $125 but then I'd be needing to make a cap for my clutch master which also fits my son's BMW..... :popcorn:

I'm still working on getting the AC dash completed. I imagined that I would be driving it again a couple of weeks ago, but I'm finding that I need this, and that, and the other. It never seems to end. I received all of my deliveries, except for the two backordered items.
Here is what I have been working on yesterday and today. A gauge package and shadow box for non-gauge cars.
20200823_183305.jpg

20200823_183121.jpg

20200823_183202.jpg

Notice the massive cutting and dissecting that was required to allow the shadow box to fit in the surround. I took things slowly, I didn't want to cut something that I could not replace.
I am still not finished getting the instrument cluster in, I think that I might wait until next weekend to install it, and work on a few other items this week if I get home from work early enough. I have the AC compressor, mounting brackets, and condenser, some of the hoses and switches, to still install, but that is all lower priority to getting it driving again.

Finally finished welding on the frame! last 2 small patches are done, started grinding away. Had my head phones in and was under the car going to town. I noticed that the temp dropped pretty good. Popped out from under the car and a storm was rolling in quick. Got everything cleaned up and put away before the rain started. Gonna try to do the internal frame coating this week so I can finish the grinding and get the frame painted next weekend.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor