What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MalibuDavyou5

Master Mechanic
Mar 2, 2020
Wyoming
Two days off with lots more to do, but much that got done.

20200818_180240[1].jpg 20200818_180252[1].jpg 20200818_180356[1].jpg 20200818_180630[1].jpg

After getting the clear coats sprayed on much needed areas, I started paint on the passenger side of the roof, Alittle more work needs to be done there but it will be done soon same goes for the hood stretching from the middle to the line areas that need more clear coat sprayed.

Started up on the rust clean up, Sprayed the core support with VHT, it's flat black and I will have to spray the area with a gloss black, but the exposed areas are covered. From the looks of the battery tray I am going to have to pull it and get the surround area free of rust as well.

Separately, Monday and Tuesday where also a bit busy time for me as well, Monday I had to wash clothes at a coin laundry as Best Buy won't have the new Washer in until the 20th, I ordered the machine on July 7th they had more than a month to get the thing in from their warehouse, delivered and installed on scheduled time, Instead I get the excuse that a system error caused the order and scheduled delivery to not show up on their computers. I did get an apology but I am not buying into the System error 🤬.

Tuesday is also General Election for this state so I had to go vote. No problem there except online sources pointed me to the wrong address where the voting polls are held :blam:.

But on a good note I did end up contacting a Technician at JEGS, while I got a few suggested parts for performance of the K 229 V6, I was also directed to a Rebuilt Stock SBC 350 which I am told with minor parts will bolt directly onto the transmission and should run well enough with said transmission as long as it is stock only. Cost is $1749.99, I would still have to get Exhaust Heads, pipe, and Motor mounts. This will be the same engine (almost without TFI) as my step fathers 89' GMC Sierra, 290ish HP but at least it would be better than the V6 at this point. I am seriously considering going this route for the Engine replacement.

• Winner
Reactions: 7 users

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
Acquired the bellhousing bolts that I needed, and rattle gunned everything together. The crossmember is still loose, as my TV cable needs replaced and it is much easier to get to with the back end dropped down. Slow progress is still progress.

IMG_20200819_023527.jpg

Reactions: 10 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
I took a nice drive to pick up some printers, on the way there an AMG thought he show me how quick his car was, I don't play that much on the road and never when you have to weave in and out of traffic and after all his weaving I ended up in back of him again. Turns out I had to get off the next exit but my move for him all excited thinking I wanna play. On the way back when I was on this big u turn they call an entrance to the highway some guy in his Mustang thought he'd push me around the turns...by the time I was exiting the last turn before the straight merging onto the highway I was traveling faster than the vehicles on the highway, the Mustang had given up half way through the u turn. I'm liking the Moog 5409 rear springs, the back end was real stable and not even a a little slide sideways. Then on the highway it was busy again and a newer Camaro passed me on the outside lane. I wasn't in a hurry and my lane opened up so I ended up passing by the Camaro in 5th gear just cruising along at around 125-130 kph. He didn't like that and when he got the chance he had it wide open passing me. It sounded nice but he paid alot of money just to try to impress me. One thing my GP does well is to cruise on the highway. The 3.08 gears really liven up at higher speeds and it gives me long gears..... :popcorn:

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
I'm formulating a plan to go back to a stock gas tank after cruise season dies off. As mentioned before, my brother n law lopped off the mounting ears for the front tank straps, so I've got a couple options lined up. Either I replace the tank braces with repops or cut from an OE trunk, or make some brackets which would be tough.
To get everything ready, I pulled the new tank out I bought a couple years back, cleaned up an OE fill neck, and had my neighbor weld it on. I ordered a GN sending unit earlier, still need to decide on a pump.
20200819_191208.jpg

Reactions: 10 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
woops, not only was I not licking my springs I was also not traveling 120-130 mph, it was kph....I checked my GPS and at one point I did hit 160 kph which sounds quick but that's only 100 mph, 160 kph is a no no though cause up here anything over 50 over the speed limit they grab your car and licence for a week. .... :popcorn:

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor