What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
which one of your blown engines was that?...... :popcorn:
This is my only "blown" engine, my '70 350. 454 was toast when I got it, 76 350 ate a rod bearing. No holes.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
OW, OW, OW, OW, OW!!! Bet that was a sickening sight to discover.

On the matter of cold and snow, Colorado Lows and Alberta Clippers have one thing in common, SNOW!! Been on extended call in for most of the month and had to drive in that white shitty mess yesterday. (Thursday) Today is warm and sunny and so is supposed to be the weekend. Good thing because my non-G daily driver threw an engine code again that I will have to pay homage to in order to install the code reader diagnostic cable and pull the code out.

Oh yeah, "what did I do to my G-body today?" Nada. Work. May find time to shoot a few more pics of the Z-Bar post buffing and sanding and then again after I throw a coat of anti-rust paint at it. Or not...………….

Nick

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
OW, OW, OW, OW, OW!!! Bet that was a sickening sight to discover.

On the matter of cold and snow, Colorado Lows and Alberta Clippers have one thing in common, SNOW!! Been on extended call in for most of the month and had to drive in that white shitty mess yesterday. (Thursday) Today is warm and sunny and so is supposed to be the weekend. Good thing because my non-G daily driver threw an engine code again that I will have to pay homage to in order to install the code reader diagnostic cable and pull the code out.

Oh yeah, "what did I do to my G-body today?" Nada. Work. May find time to shoot a few more pics of the Z-Bar post buffing and sanding and then again after I throw a coat of anti-rust paint at it. Or not...………….

Nick
Tbh im more excited to inspect this further than I am to put the new one in. I still have only a vauge idea of what the bottom end looks like. I swear a counter weight was broken off.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
your definition of a blown engine needs upgrading........ :popcorn:
I've never understood that. Blown up should mean BLOWN UP. Not "it ate the bearings" "blew a gasket", etc. If it runs/ran, its not blown up imo.

MalibuDavyou5

Master Mechanic
Mar 2, 2020
Wyoming
With the weather being much better today, 50 degrees, then making a decision to get off my arse and take off the passenger side tire. I finally took the starter off and replaced it with the new starter which by the way was no easy task trying to do on your back, but it's done, she turns over but doesn't run yet, got to get some Sea Foam and Fuel into her. Otherwise it does seem to want to start up when I turn the key. In my excitement I forgot to get the photo of the new starter in, but got one of the old Starter out and sitting on a half broken cinder block.

20200306_152419[1].jpg

Reactions: 4 users

Deadeyejedi80

Greasemonkey
Apr 8, 2018
Saratoga springs ny
Finally changed the fuel sending unit in my 80 cutlass .The gauge would never go past quarter tank, and i hate not knowing how much fuel i have especially with a 455 bb olds.Nice easy install the car is in amazing condition underneath.The sending unit that was in it looked real good ,but had no sock on it and nothing in the tank, clean as a whistle.No knowing why there wasn't one on it .

Reactions: 4 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
With the weather being much better today, 50 degrees, then making a decision to get off my arse and take off the passenger side tire. I finally took the starter off and replaced it with the new starter which by the way was no easy task trying to do on your back, but it's done, she turns over but doesn't run yet, got to get some Sea Foam and Fuel into her. Otherwise it does seem to want to start up when I turn the key. In my excitement I forgot to get the photo of the new starter in, but got one of the old Starter out and sitting on a half broken cinder block.

View attachment 138464

so flemming442's suggestion worked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor