What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Engine painted, rockers assembled and installed. Only broke 3 of them plastic buttons. :D
71350-12.jpg
tarock3.jpg
tarock2.jpg
tarock1.jpg

The TA rockers are a bit thicker and the shafts are thicker as well (hee hee). less deflection I suppose.

All that's left to do now is put the timing cover back on, and after setting up the oil pump, install the oil pickup tube and pan, intake and gaskets and she's good.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users

5spdCab

Royal Smart Person
Dec 29, 2019
Tukwila, Wa.
It's still late morning, and I am at work, but so far it's not what I did to the car, it's what I did for a friend. He has a Monte and an El Camino, I told him about this site and sent him a link.

• Winner
Reactions: 5 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
With this cold wind weather I tried to get at the bolt on the bracket holding the starter up, Big fail :cry:. Weather doesn't help any.

did you "Pull the wheel and go in the fender well" like fleming442 suggested?...... :popcorn:

Reactions: 2 users

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
Have been driving the car to work lately and when I opened the door at work to leave, I got to see this...

IMG_20200303_010146.jpg

Luckily no damage to the car, but definitely an oh sh*t moment. It was about marble sized, and enough came down to cover the parking lot completely. Good times.

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Got done with work early, so I came home and pulled the astro shaft. I dinged up the paint pretty good before install, so I we ahead and scuffed it and shot a few coats of black on it. Looks much better now. Once cured I'll bolt it back on.
20200305_152635.jpg

Reactions: 7 users

bob_t442

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Aug 2, 2011
southwest florida
I'm fighting the timing cover reinstall on my 85's 307. I noticed in the groove that the front pan seal sits in there is a translucent amber filler/sealer that was installed previously and jacks the seal up significantly. This sealer was most likely installed by the factory since I bought the car from the original owner with 59,000 miles. Does anybody know if this should remain or be removed? Also, does anybody have any tricks to getting the cover on without removing the dowel pins? I thought of using a shim-type material to get the seal over the oil pan hump.

Reactions: 1 user

MalibuDavyou5

Master Mechanic
Mar 2, 2020
Wyoming
For a short time, at least until the wind chill picked up, I finally got a nut off of the threaded post on the front of the starter that is sitting on and through a bracket. Victory!! 🥳. Now I am scheming how to get the Starter out when I have the chance tomorrow . . .

Reactions: 2 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
found all this when I took the intake off of my exploded engine:
its****ed6.jpg
its****ed5.jpg
its****ed4.jpg
its****ed3.jpg

its****ed1.jpg

Believe it or not, this thing was still running when this happened. only for about 30 seconds and at like 150rpm, but it was still running.

New engine's looking good though:
7135014.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 8 users

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Broke down and bought the Moog 5391 rear springs. Installed them last week and they are a big improvement over the original V6 rear springs. Car has a noticeable rake but that is partially due to it still having weak V6 front springs.

Reactions: 1 users

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor