What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
Finished the exhaust!

Man I liked it when it was just manifolds!

Worked on the wiring to the rear. Gas gauge works now, taillights funky. I got lots of grounds to do.

It's really hard not to pull it out of the garage and test drive it! Few more loose ends and I might driveway test it!

Progress feels good!

Reactions: 5 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Last night I finished cutting urethane from around the rear window trim clips, then finally installed the trim. It's only been 2 years since the car has been painted!
20200313_223810.jpg
20200314_013956.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 18 users

pontiac guy

G-Body Guru
Oct 28, 2016
Royse City, TX
I pulled the rear end apart, scrapped the 2.14 open stuff.... yes my 78 SJ had a 2.14 open in it. No wonder they had a bad rep and we always thought they were dogs. I scrapped the factory single exhaust and then pulled the drivers manifold because Im swapping it for a factory manifold w/o a heat riser (yes I'm fussy like that). Of course I had to pull the steering shaft, all the clutch linkage and, and, I broke off 1 🤬 exhaust manifold bolt in the head. The second to last 1. Why couldn't it have been the stupid extra one on the center ports? Because, the Gods are punishing me for something I'm sure. When next you hear from me I will have spent all day trying to drill out 1 🤬 bolt and will have accomplished nothing else. My hands will be without flesh my back will hurt and I will let you know how the progress on pulling the head for the heli-coil is coming.

Exhaust on a Pontiac. It separates the men from the boys. Unless of course you can afford to pay some fool to do it for you.

Reactions: 3 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Reactions: 2 users

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
spent some time under it putting wrenches on everything i could just to see if anything backed off from last summer.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

MalibuDavyou5

Master Mechanic
Mar 2, 2020
Wyoming
Haven't been able to do much since we've had what seems to be our last bit of snow for the Spring. But I received my Chiltons Repair Manual today, going through it now to find out the previous owner did and didn't do to make the Fuel, Air, Vacuum systems right.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
Ran out to get some Guinness for the corned beef, and caught a dislodged chunk of concrete at the end of my driveway coming home. 🤬
20200315_162142.jpg

....and why my name isn't Donovan
20200315_174843.jpg

Tires needed rotating, anyway

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 9 users

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
Ran out to get some Guinness for the corned beef, and caught a dislodged chunk of concrete at the end of my driveway coming home. 🤬
pics of the beef or we'll asume you hit a homeless guy while consuming said Guinness and not the driveway..:)

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor