What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
I'm wondering how the engine still ran when the distributor stopped turning with the broken cam
Front distributor. Front 3/4 of the cam was still attatched. timing chain still intact, albeit with the appearance of 200,000 miles now lol.

I guess now I have a 3/4 race cam.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
6000. You've seen the video in his autosig.

it didn't even die a wariors death. it's like it was on it's way to war and got stung by a bee and died. just wrrrrrrrrclackclackclackclackBOOMpftbtpbfpbtpbtpbtpfbtpbtterk. Entire ordeal took place in under a minute's time.

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Bolted the intake on for a purpose other than to keep sawdust out of the engine. Tossed on carb, intake and oil pan, distributor, and oil pressure tee as well. If anyone has a deer scale on hand, I can bolt the manifolds up and install the starter and alternator and finally get a true 100% (minus 50lbs for the intake lol) for how much a ready to run buick 350 weighs. lol

YES, I know. The oil pan is gross. It's pretty grody, but it's the only one I have that doesn't have pinholes or hasn't seemingly been hit by an IED. Some work with a drill, a stiff af wire wheel and some paint and she'll be right as rain.
71350-15.jpg

edit: lord them spelling mistakes

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Bolted the intake on for a purpose other than to keep sawdust out of the engine. Tossed on carb, intake and oil pan, distributor, and oil pressure tee as well. If anyone has a deer scale on hand, I can bolt the manifolds up and install the starter and alternator and finally get a true 100% (minus 50lbs for the intake lol) for how much a ready to run buick 350 weighs. lol

YES, I know. The oil pan is gross. It's pretty grody, but it's the only one I have that doesn't have pinholes or hasn't seemingly been hit by an IED. Some work with a drill, a stiff af wire wheel and some paint and she'll be right as rain.
View attachment 138862
edit: lord them spelling mistakes
$28
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075JFZF7D/?tag=gbody-20

Reactions: 1 users

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Reactions: 1 user

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
That's not a lot of money to potentially prove your point.
perhaps tempted is not the right word. I will buy one for my own curiosity, but not right now. i'm going on a 2400 mile road trip to see family, so until i get back i won't be ordering anything online. Definitely gonna check it out though once I'm back.

Reactions: 1 user

pontiacgp

blank
Mar 31, 2006
Kitchener, Ontario
perhaps tempted is not the right word. I will buy one for my own curiosity, but not right now. i'm going on a 2400 mile road trip to see family, so until i get back i won't be ordering anything online. Definitely gonna check it out though once I'm back.

do you have AAA?....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor