What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
And back to Home Depot it went, this AM. Turns out the 3000 model Dremel Kit only worked out to about 20 bucks more and most of that was for the warranty. Decided to go with Plan Q and mated a spindle adapter to my 4.5 so I could mount 60 gr x 3" flexible plastic backed grinding wheels. They die quick but cut down the lumps just as quickly. Got that much done, and decided to do some house cleaning so popped the motor off the small vacuum and dumped the contents into an orange garbage bag ( Size large leaf and litter) added the pile of rose branch cuttings and the contents of the trash box. Leaves just enough room for the domestic junk for pick up Thursday. Now have to visit the local big box car parts store for some more vacuum filters.

DSPbuilt

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2016
Cape Coral, FL
Got the harness back in. Tried to organize it the best I could. But once I put the dash back in it’ll have to get routed again, I’m want to take it to an upholstery shop to get a quote on covering it. If it too much I’ll just flock it. I also welded in the wiper motor bracket and and installed the motor and required that. I finally have working wipers on this thing.

Reactions: 4 users

Clone TIE Pilot

Comic Book Super Hero
Aug 14, 2011
Galaxy far far away
Got the replacement intake manifold on today. Still have a ton of additional items to reinstall.

Reactions: 1 users

rogue_ryder

Master Mechanic
Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
53338A09-305D-4010-8E60-23A99473F5DD.jpeg

63BDFCD9-71C7-47A3-B375-1B2A5C43FDF3.jpeg
A321D8D9-4964-4BF7-96DB-2D78C76D5291.jpeg
I picked up a new tach circuit board from the Cajun tach shop a couple weeks ago and got around to installing it today. My tach was off by 400 RPM at idle (an it wasn’t the jumper wire that was the problem); but now with the new board it’s not quite in line with the sniper but I’ll take the ~50 RPM difference.

I was actually considering buying a Dakota Digital cluster because the tach was so off and my temp gauge wasn’t working (solved that with the correct sensor last month). Now that everything works in this cluster for $75 I couldn’t be happier.

Attachments

• 640F4667-A210-4967-BD05-8E6C5416488C.jpeg
    640F4667-A210-4967-BD05-8E6C5416488C.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Reactions: 12 users

DSPbuilt

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2016
Cape Coral, FL
View attachment 187001

View attachment 187003
View attachment 187000
I picked up a new tach circuit board from the Cajun tach shop a couple weeks ago and got around to installing it today. My tach was off by 400 RPM at idle (an it wasn’t the jumper wire that was the problem); but now with the new board it’s not quite in line with the sniper but I’ll take the ~50 RPM difference.

I was actually considering buying a Dakota Digital cluster because the tach was so off and my temp gauge wasn’t working (solved that with the correct sensor last month). Now that everything works in this cluster for $75 I couldn’t be happier.
Nice! I've been trying to find another Rally Pack set but have also been considering getting the Holley 6.86 dash. It's hard to beat that stock look though.

Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Put the wagon out in the snow so I could work on the TBSS. I am a horrible father.

PXL_20211114_004852872.jpg

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Well not mine, but was over helping my friend pull the hood off his Monte for build season. One thing led to another and we had the LS6 intake off and his new LSA sitting in place to see how it looks. He still needs a new front bracket setup, we gotta build bigger fuel lines, but it looks cool!
20211112_155659.jpg

Reactions: 15 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
We-ell, would not be that quick to condemn you, as long as all it did was to sit there. Go down the road and risk exposure to salt and calcium spray and that would be something else entirely. Locally we didn't get the snow; about a 1/4 inch or slightly more of rain, delivered by winds that drove it flat across the ground. Neighbour looks to have lost a shingle from his only a year or two or so old new roof; right up near the peak. Don't see that as getting repaired any time soon. it took two lifts of scaffold frame just to get to the eaves and then a couple of the saddles set onto the sheathing to get a work platform to stand on. That was before he started having heart problems and then his sewer pipes collapsed. Got that fixed and his furnace shut down on him. (What was that line from that Hill Billy comedy show, "Gloom, despair, and agony on me, Deep dark depression, endless misery, If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all..............)

Moving on, put some more hours into rebuilding the ends of the lower flange on the Monte's inner door shell. Both lower corners are now replacements made from left over body metal from another project. Still have more to do with it before picture time. Not taking progress shots, too much grit and grunge, hard on the camera.

Nick

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor