What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSPbuilt

G-Body Guru
Jan 7, 2016
Cape Coral, FL
FBC36D6A-17C1-44AA-AC54-FB58B8EB8B20.jpeg
I tried to go over the harness with it in the car honestly I don’t know it the schematic is different but I don’t think the colors are right. I ended up just pulling it out. I might call off Tuesday so I can have 3 full days to complete go over the it and fix it and remove what’s not needed.

• Scared
Reactions: 3 users

MalibuDavyou5

Master Mechanic
Mar 2, 2020
Wyoming
I've been away for a time, After a couple of bad engine incidents, I needed to take a step away from the negative thoughts, throwing in the towel etc. Now I am back on track to saving and have planned on an SBC 350 purchase which I am now close to, but I still have to save for the Mechanics bill. However given the recent times and financial problems we are facing as a country right now I am also heavily in to Silver Stacking too. But at least there is hope now for the Engine I plan to purchase.

I missed allot of posts here, and from the looks of it you guys are doing awesome. :cool:. Keep rock'in! I will be right behind any time soon.

• Winner
Reactions: 7 users

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Took the cutlass for a quick rip with my kids on a beautiful sunday. Made a couple highway pulls, then did a decent unexpected burnout in an industrial park nearby. Sorry no proof pics of such, but I assure you the giggles from my girls proved it. Here is a screenshot of it in the sun. Couple videos posted on IG, but a pain to transfer.
20211107_165038.jpg

Reactions: 12 users

pagrunt

Geezer
Sep 14, 2014
Elderton, Pa
Dug into the wire harnesses to see what else needs to be done. Pulled & swapped the white & blue brake light wires out of the junk '86 dash harness to make the '81 a "factory" third brake light car, checked out & compaired the front to rear & taillight harness for which will be used which made me think about buying all new copper wire to replace the aluminum wires as my original has the buack up wire turing into dust. Then made sure the cross body/power lock harness is good to go as is with the dash harness & the dome light delay. "Rebuilt" my one map light rearview mirror by pulling out the glass from the '97 Lumina mirror to replace the original that was getting spots on it (FYI, can't put the older glass in the newer one buy works the otherway.) Found out there are two different p/n's on my dimer modules (blue not the same as orange) so I'll be checking them out later tonight.

Reactions: 3 users

melloelky

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 22, 2017
mass
Took the cutlass for a quick rip with my kids on a beautiful Sunday. Made a couple highway pulls, then did a decent unexpected burnout in an industrial park nearby. Sorry no proof pics of such, but I assure you the giggles from my girls proved it. Here is a screenshot of it in the sun. Couple videos posted on IG, but a pain to transfer. View attachment 186667
"unexpected burnout":LOL: Scott,you're among friend's here.this is a safe place..

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I decided to wrap my B & M chrome shift plate in flat black and then I installed my modified Monte shift handle.

IMG_20211107_191046065.jpg

Reactions: 12 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Too many tool companies have had quality go downhill during the pandemic in our experience.

We had one saw which was so poorly assembled, when you set it to make a 45* beveled cut the blade would actually pass through the opening correctly when set to 90*, but at a 45* bevel made contact with the opening sidewalls.

Then, the fixed tracks for the gates weren't set perpendicular to the miter blate assembly itself. Everything was off a couple degrees, and, there was no built in adjustability to correct. You would need to build up with weld and re machine the the entire platform, and build a jig to precise angles to ensure it was all don't square.

And we're not talking some cheap saw, it was a $699 unit.

Now, that's one of the worst I've encountered, but, quality control has gone to crap, and, nobody was surprised when I returned it so I'm guessing they've had a number of issues..
Can You Believe This Excuse Me GIF

Uhhhhhhh, did you not get the memo COVID is to blame for anything and everything for everyone? It still amazes me everyday what people are trying to pass off as "COVID" problems

Reactions: 2 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor