What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
Not quite to the BB but pretty close. 4x pony tail holders keep it in check for most tasks. Some require tucking it into the t-shirt (welding/grinding for sure).

Cauterize

Floater of Valves
Supporting Member
Feb 9, 2019
Deathbridge
Pulled the contents out of the Monte's interior and trunk. Now we can get down to business... the moment I get the breakers for the 240V. FML.
Mike what breakers are you after? Was that a Siemens *spit* sub panel you had installed? I think i have a few push in Siemens breakers left in stock. At the very least I can get do some digging.

Reactions: 2 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Not quite to the BB but pretty close. 4x pony tail holders keep it in check for most tasks. Some require tucking it into the t-shirt (welding/grinding for sure).
The tuck in trick is useful for eating pasta and tacos as well.

Tomicamino

Greasemonkey
Supporting Member
Aug 27, 2019
Finland
Starting to measure...
IMG_7124.jpeg
IMG_7125.jpeg
IMG_7126.jpeg
IMG_7127.jpeg
IMG_7129.jpeg

Reactions: 13 users

DB87442

Apprentice
Nov 27, 2021
Cartersville, GA
Doing some paint correction today. 4 step process using Chemical Guys products got the quarter panel done and the drivers door 1/2 finished. Long process but love the results!

Attachments

• 13CD1D34-7826-4E75-8C36-3E7A9694813A.jpeg
    13CD1D34-7826-4E75-8C36-3E7A9694813A.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 65
  • Wow
Reactions: 6 users

Kratos

Greasemonkey
Nov 7, 2017
Central Pa
I have been gathering pieces to build my 81 El Camino for the strip. So far I have the rolling chassis with Grand AM GT Buckets, a Vortec 350 with High rise single plane intake, fuel cell, new fuel line, battery box, a line lock, some old American Racing rims that cleaned up nice, and a 7.5 rear to build up with 3.73's and a spool. I will be scavenging the 350 trans from my 442 that has one season on it, as well as a few other parts ( carb, distributor, headers, cross member, shifter, tach and gauges

Attachments

• 81EL2.jpg
    81EL2.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 62

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
For Tomicamino, From CopperNick

Backstory, is that in the late 19th and early 20th Century, a lot of Finns elected to emigrate across the Atlantic to Canada. Among the places they chose to settle was a district now known as Thunder Bay, in the Province of Ontario, hard beside Lake Superior. To remind them of their roots and offer them a place to stay during the winters and get a home cooked meal, the Finnish Community got together and erected a facility known as the Finnish Labor Temple and, below it, the Hoito Restaurant. Both have stood as a pair for over 100 years. Until last night.

Today's headline was the fire that erupted on the premises of that building last night. Built as it was of wood, with all the varnish and shellac that was laid to preserve the boards and timbers, it went pretty quickly. I would suspect that, by now, there is footage of the conflagration both on Facebook and on the websites for both locations. The reason that I mention it is that, throughout the decades, the finnish descendants of those immigrants have kept and maintained a strong relationship with their ancestral home. It is possible that you or someone you know, knows someone with relatives or descendants who may have spoken of this edifice since it also held an office for the local Finnish Embassy for a while.

i realize that this has absolutely nothing to do with G-Bodies or engine building but the place did come to mean a lot to the generations who contributed to it as well to many, locals and tourists, who came to visit the district and made a special effort to visit the building and enjoy the cuisine offered by the restaurant below. As of now its future, rebuild, or not, remains uncertain. While there may be no connection, I am still sorry for the loss.

CopperNick sends

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 1 user

565bbchevy

Geezer
Aug 8, 2011
Michigan
I made an aluminum panel for my Painless rocker switches to control my fans for the Regal.
IMG_20211225_203806404.jpg

Reactions: 5 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor