Picked up some ABS header panel close out panels from a guy on Instagram. Overall fit is pretty good, gotta drill some holes, and tweak the end pieces to make them sit more flush. Then I'll paint to match better once the weather warms up.
Put the nail in my water pumps coffin. Cars up in the air on jacks while I SLOWLY disassembly and refresh my front suspension, brakes, and steering. I wanted to run it a bit since its been sitting for over a month, bring it to temp and all that. Well I had her going for about 5 minutes and smell coolant. Look over and water pump is smoking at the pulley, puking coolant all over the ground. I knew it was on its last leg but she finally let go. Gunna replace with new thermostat and housing as well when I get it back on all 4 wheels. In the meantime I pulled the negative cable for the battery and closed the hood.
I am very excited! Delivery of the Crate Motor SBC 350 4 Bolt Main is happening tomorrow! Going to be at least Month and half to almost Two Months before I get the Malibu back. But all the saving, planning, waiting, is well worth the price.
Got the drivers side suspension out and partially removed the passenger side before the sun went down. Popping that spring out was a joy. Had to cut the old shocks mounting point on each side as the bolt holding it to the control arm seized to the U clips that hood them on and those clips then sheered when turning the bolt. Crap design. Going to finish the rest of the passenger side soon and then clean clean clean.
It's Here! And I have gone through some details with the shop, so right around the 11th of next month I will have at least 90% of the parts needed for the 350 Swap They will take care of the rest. She's getting a newish Engine soon (Low miles on it anyway). Seller tells me this Engine was put into a Jaguar then the Interior caught fire. The Engine does have Diesel Oil in it and it was tested on his stand and ran great, we will find out soon enough. Going to be creating another post on the Parts I will be needing for the SBC 350 Swap over, I have a basic idea of whats needed, but there may be some other minor things needed I don't know about.
Got the idea in my head that I just might be able to use the G body parking brake cables with Mustang disk brakes on Saturday and found that the sheaths for the cables are around 3 inches too short no matter how they’re routed.
So following some advice from the Factory Five forums, I decided to cut the SN95 sheaths down, and use the G body cables in them.
I’ll do a write up when I’m done, but this was surprisingly easy to do with just a grinder and a crescent wrench.
Here’s the difference in lengths, the G body passenger side cable is the shorter one.
Cut, twist on, and with a parking brake cable repair kit for options, assembled for dry fitting.
GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.