What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
Poured another 5 gallons of gas with fuel stabilizer into it and ripped a weak *ss 1 wheel peel. It was Sunday at the airport with freezing fog so no witnesses. I gave it a quick WOT 1-2 and it shifted waaayyy early so I need to look into a governor kit or whatever the TH400 uses for WOT upshifts. Even crappily tuned the car has some decent pull to it. I can't wait to get a top swap on this pig and maybe some spray to see what it will really do.

Reactions: 7 users

737Mech

Apprentice
Mar 2, 2019
Ooooooh, daddy like! 6 beans is a little steep for a street car, though.
Yeah, probably. I'm kind of building this car with long range goals. 9 inch and 406 going in next. Then, map out which direction I'm going as far as fuel delivery to the engine compartment. Factory lines had to come out for the G- BOX.

Reactions: 2 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
So I regularly get video notices from the Power Nation site about episodes that they have to watch. Received one today and took a peak at the latest CarCass project. Not a G-Body BUT, the camera crew is only a few frames into the shoot and the first thing the cameras see is not one or two but THREE front clips from what I think are a 80's G-Body Cutlass. Inner and outer fenders and rad cradles and grille sections all in a heap. Not in bad shape on an immediate quick peak basis either. So I am thinking okay, this is going to be another one of those anonymous honey-hole parts yards that is off in the middle of the back of beyond and you have to know someone for a seriously long time to even get a whiff of the location and surprise surprise, surprise!!! The Name of the facility is Bobby White Motors and the location is Columbia, Tennessee. What the two dudes toted off from that yard was a C-30 Chev truck set up as a wrecker with what appeared to be a Holmes unit mounted out back. The victim is a serious rust pile; the body floor is two flakes short of a rusticle and the frame is done. Serious rust belt casualty. They have plans and dreams for it, yadda, yadda etc., but it was the g-body stuff that caught my eye. No road address or phone, dunno about a website have to dig around on that. Buy for bait, now I am wondering what else is sitting out in the fields? Wide open fields, very little high grass and no encroaching trees. F****** Covid!! Be worth a road trip even with the border in the middle just to check the place out and see what can be had and for how much.

Nick
I am interested to see how they finish that out, I still go back and forth whether I like the hosts but I pretty much all car shows so I've been giving it a go. A lot of guys on here are helpful when it comes to willing to be helpful to help a fellow brethren. I am not sure who is in that area though

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Back out to the garage this pm and resumed the re-assembly of the driver's rear brakes. Say what you will about Haynes, their M/Carlo text has the most and clearest pictures for what is pretty well all printed on heavy newsprint. Found another piece that needed some dremel love and a swift coat of flat black prior to being put back in place. Didn't hang the drum. The surface is unpitted or scored but there is some surface rust and I want to chamfer the leading edge to make it easier to get one. I still have one or two of those puff wheels and think they will take the surface down without problem. Even with a bunny suit and full up dusk mask with 3M filters the dust still is insidious.

Nick

MalibuDavyou5

Master Mechanic
Mar 2, 2020
Wyoming
:wtf:So I decided to buy a used Quadrajet from Ebay. Delivery was today and this is the result :mad:

20210126_153901[1].jpg 20210126_153856[1].jpg
Never once since being on Ebay have I ever gotten an empty box. Yeah, I complained and still have yet to hear from the seller. May have to end up escalating the Case to a full refund.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 5 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Empty box, hey?? Okay, a couple of details here; was your vendor a private seller or a dealer or salvage yard? What rating or degree of confidence was listed beside the vendor name on the site? Under the seller name was there a link to contact the seller? Is this seller still listed as active on the site?

Speaking only for myself here, I have had occasion in the past to contact sellers about items or parts that I am interested in buying or wish to know more about. The contact process goes through E-Bay and you have to be logged on or signed in to them to reach the vendor and send a message.

In the last half-decade or so, E-Bay has become seriously paranoid about establishing and maintaining the reliability and credibility of its vendors. The administrators for that site take complaints very seriously and will contact you as the plaintiff to make absolutely sure you want to file and prosecute your grievance because once it becomes a matter of record it is permanent. Before, vendors who received down-checks against them for problems related to their sales history could work them off by being and staying "clean" for a specific length of time. Now, no more. Any negative results, beginning with the initial complaint being filed, to it either being dismissed or confirmed, now remain as part of the vendors permanent record. Multiple complaints get the vendor dumped; ejected or evicted from the site. There are stories of black listed vendors trying to get back in under a different name or alias but the vetting or acceptance process has become quite thorough and "sneakers" tend to get caught sooner or later.

I wish you all the best and hope that vendor just made an honest mistake during the shipping process, and that you get a second package or box with your carburetor in it ASAP. Unfortunately there are scam artists out there and they can and do sneak under the vetting fence from time to time.

Nick

Reactions: 1 user

MalibuDavyou5

Master Mechanic
Mar 2, 2020
Wyoming
Empty box, hey?? Okay, a couple of details here; was your vendor a private seller or a dealer or salvage yard? What rating or degree of confidence was listed beside the vendor name on the site? Under the seller name was there a link to contact the seller? Is this seller still listed as active on the site?

Speaking only for myself here, I have had occasion in the past to contact sellers about items or parts that I am interested in buying or wish to know more about. The contact process goes through E-Bay and you have to be logged on or signed in to them to reach the vendor and send a message.

In the last half-decade or so, E-Bay has become seriously paranoid about establishing and maintaining the reliability and credibility of its vendors. The administrators for that site take complaints very seriously and will contact you as the plaintiff to make absolutely sure you want to file and prosecute your grievance because once it becomes a matter of record it is permanent. Before, vendors who received down-checks against them for problems related to their sales history could work them off by being and staying "clean" for a specific length of time. Now, no more. Any negative results, beginning with the initial complaint being filed, to it either being dismissed or confirmed, now remain as part of the vendors permanent record. Multiple complaints get the vendor dumped; ejected or evicted from the site. There are stories of black listed vendors trying to get back in under a different name or alias but the vetting or acceptance process has become quite thorough and "sneakers" tend to get caught sooner or later.

I wish you all the best and hope that vendor just made an honest mistake during the shipping process, and that you get a second package or box with your carburetor in it ASAP. Unfortunately there are scam artists out there and they can and do sneak under the vetting fence from time to time.

Nick
I am not going to mess around, I just created a Return with Ebay and am asking for a Refund. I went and bought a Carburetor from Amazon, Not really the price I wanted to pay but it'll be something.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D2G600S/?tag=gbody-20

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I am not going to mess around, I just created a Return with Ebay and am asking for a Refund. I went and bought a Carburetor from Amazon, Not really the price I wanted to pay but it'll be something.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D2G600S/?tag=gbody-20
Might as well cancel that, too. Unless you’re going to go through it, it's probably a waste of time and money. Q-jets are all tuned to application, and the likelihood of you getting the right one is extremely slim from either of those places.
Send yours out to a reputable rebuilder.

Reactions: 1 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor