What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mac442

Master Mechanic
Apr 25, 2020
Ocean County, NJ
After rebuilding my original front suspension with all new stock components, poly bushings, new body bushings, 2” drop springs, the ride was not floaty anymore but still underwhelming (my daily driver is a 2015 Mustang GT so there’s that).

I used stock type Gabriel shocks until I found something better but one of the Gabriel’s started leaking after about 100 miles.

I ordered the Belltech 10102i for a lowered Cutlass. Huge difference in ride. Exactly what I was looking for. Firmer ride, but don’t feel every pothole in the road. I wasn’t expecting to be happy with the $55 shock but I am.

29FB0451-8A2F-4E36-B217-CEFBF4D65B7B.jpeg

they definitely have a more quality feel and are beefier than the stock type shocks.

Since I am using brand new but stock lower control arms, the dust cover doesn’t fit but that’s fine.

also, due to the stock control arms, and the beefier t-bar at the end, I had to get the old grinder out and shave the t bar down a bit. Not a big deal.

90F7126B-7404-4E83-B585-BB73C00154C6.jpeg

I take it these are made for tubular control arms…but I’m very happy with the ride. It’s what I was looking for.

Reactions: 4 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Took some time tonight to have my mechanic test the trunk some more to make sure I wasn't full ratard, good news is I am not but bad news is that it is sending power back from the switch down past the door which leads me to believe that the popper is dead. Now I have to come up with a plan to get into the trunk to replace that/ hopefully find out why its playing games. Stayed to also get the radio back in and hopefully up far enough to rotate around freely and securely. Was hoping to have a solution to drive her up to the G Body open but not so sure thats a good plan
20210722_181832.jpg
20210722_174041.jpg
20210722_174031.jpg

64nailhead

Goat Herder
Dec 1, 2014
Upstate NY
After rebuilding my original front suspension with all new stock components, poly bushings, new body bushings, 2” drop springs, the ride was not floaty anymore but still underwhelming (my daily driver is a 2015 Mustang GT so there’s that).

I used stock type Gabriel shocks until I found something better but one of the Gabriel’s started leaking after about 100 miles.

I ordered the Belltech 10102i for a lowered Cutlass. Huge difference in ride. Exactly what I was looking for. Firmer ride, but don’t feel every pothole in the road. I wasn’t expecting to be happy with the $55 shock but I am.

View attachment 180105

they definitely have a more quality feel and are beefier than the stock type shocks.

Since I am using brand new but stock lower control arms, the dust cover doesn’t fit but that’s fine.

also, due to the stock control arms, and the beefier t-bar at the end, I had to get the old grinder out and shave the t bar down a bit. Not a big deal.

View attachment 180106

I take it these are made for tubular control arms…but I’m very happy with the ride. It’s what I was looking for.
Never ran a set of Belltechs, but your description is the same as mine when swapping from brand new Monroe’s to a set of Bilsteins - absolutely, 100% night and day.

Especially when cranked up!!!

Reactions: 3 users

Jakefromstatefarm

Master Mechanic
Feb 26, 2014

View attachment 180105

View attachment 180106

Exact ones I went with. I don't have a good comparison as my before was from the old worn out busted junk that the previous owner did nothing about. I remember when I first bought my car, I bought entire new suspension parts in less than a week.

Ribbedroof

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2009
Wellston, OK
Day 4 of commuter duty

• Winner

wonderboy24

Royal Smart Person
Jul 10, 2012
Davenport, Iowa

View attachment 180105

View attachment 180106

have them in front and back.i am as well happy with the ride

Reactions: 1 user

JerRol79ElCam

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 13, 2018
On the Monte - Worked on the vent doors, shimmed and greased the drivers door hinge, letting it cool to change the heater control valve.
On the El Camino - still working on the exhaust, bits at a time...

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Decided late last night to take it to a decent show today put on by a local Corvette club. Wrestled with the idea for a couple days, figured I needed some seat time even though the amount of jorts and NB's would be overwhelming lol. Ended up being 259 cars, and my buddy with this slick *ss bagged LS swapped 62 Belair joined me for the day.
I honestly couldn't believe I brought home some hardware. Mentally it was a huge boost for me since I've been in a funk lately. I still need to address the either hub/brake issue or driveshaft vibration that shows up above 65mph. All in all, hot but great day, the street rod nationals are in a couple weeks which is always a good time.
20210724_101840.jpg
20210724_165153.jpg
20210724_125014.jpg
20210724_125021.jpg
20210724_095839.jpg
20210724_104759.jpg
20210724_124146.jpg
20210724_140206.jpg
20210724_094604.jpg

• Winner
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor