What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texas82GP

Just-a-worm
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas
Decided late last night to take it to a decent show today put on by a local Corvette club. Wrestled with the idea for a couple days, figured I needed some seat time even though the amount of jorts and NB's would be overwhelming lol. Ended up being 259 cars, and my buddy with this slick *ss bagged LS swapped 62 Belair joined me for the day.
I honestly couldn't believe I brought home some hardware. Mentally it was a huge boost for me since I've been in a funk lately. I still need to address the either hub/brake issue or driveshaft vibration that shows up above 65mph. All in all, hot but great day, the street rod nationals are in a couple weeks which is always a good time. View attachment 180226 View attachment 180227 View attachment 180228 View attachment 180229 View attachment 180230 View attachment 180231 View attachment 180232 View attachment 180233 View attachment 180234
Well deserved bud. I've missed seeing you here. Leave my shoes out of it!🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

scoti

Royal Smart Person
Sep 5, 2019
Texas
Congrats on the hardware. Rightfully earned.
That Belair is cool too....

• Agree
Reactions: 7 users

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
Took the Bonneville out for a Big Lots run and found that my #5 spark plug wire had just fell off for some reason. Felt like a tire was vibrating more than anything. I guess the metal clip thing either hadn't been fully seated or has become loose.

I also found that my front shocks are both blown yet again. This set lasted a little under 2 years, with the previous set already bad when I got the car. I am thinking of ordering a set of the coil-over front shocks to hopefully get the sag out and keep from bottoming out as much on these god awful roads.

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Took the Bonneville out for a Big Lots run and found that my #5 spark plug wire had just fell off for some reason. Felt like a tire was vibrating more than anything. I guess the metal clip thing either hadn't been fully seated or has become loose.

I also found that my front shocks are both blown yet again. This set lasted a little under 2 years, with the previous set already bad when I got the car. I am thinking of ordering a set of the coil-over front shocks to hopefully get the sag out and keep from bottoming out as much on these god awful roads.
Check the inside of the boot. Not saying it's your issue, but I've had a plug wire that was damaged inside on a car I bought that prevented full/proper seating. Whether it was defective when the PO installed it, or, it was damaged when he installed it, couldn't say. But either way it prevented a proper and full seat to where it snapped in place

Wageslave

Royal Smart Person
Jan 25, 2017
Check the inside of the boot. Not saying it's your issue, but I've had a plug wire that was damaged inside on a car I bought that prevented full/proper seating. Whether it was defective when the PO installed it, or, it was damaged when he installed it, couldn't say. But either way it prevented a proper and full seat to where it snapped in place

I need to just replace all of them with a cut-to-length set. These were an OEM set for a Chevy truck and they are way too long, and I would rather them be straight boot instead of right angle boots.

Reactions: 1 user

Longroof79

Rocket Powered Basset Hound
G-Body of the Month
Oct 14, 2008
Gainesville, Fl
Decided late last night to take it to a decent show today put on by a local Corvette club. Wrestled with the idea for a couple days, figured I needed some seat time even though the amount of jorts and NB's would be overwhelming lol. Ended up being 259 cars, and my buddy with this slick *ss bagged LS swapped 62 Belair joined me for the day.
I honestly couldn't believe I brought home some hardware. Mentally it was a huge boost for me since I've been in a funk lately. I still need to address the either hub/brake issue or driveshaft vibration that shows up above 65mph. All in all, hot but great day, the street rod nationals are in a couple weeks which is always a good time. View attachment 180226 View attachment 180227 View attachment 180228 View attachment 180229 View attachment 180230 View attachment 180231 View attachment 180232 View attachment 180233 View attachment 180234
Congratulations on the win, Scott.
Well deserved, my friend. Looked like a nice turnout of cars. I also dig that '62 2-dr Belair post car. I have a soft spot in my heart for those cars...my dad owned a '62 Belair back in the day...a 4-dr though.

JerRol79ElCam

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 13, 2018
Congratulations on the win, Scott.
Well deserved, my friend. Looked like a nice turnout of cars. I also dig that '62 2-dr Belair post car. I have a soft spot in my heart for those cars...my dad owned a '62 Belair back in the day...a 4-dr though.
Congratulations on the trophy! As for your vibration, I had the same problem with my El Camino when I had my original engine and transmission in place. I took the drive shaft to get it balanced, checked a few other things and then, when I pulled the engine and trans, I found two transmission to engine bolts missing and two more a little loose. Check those bolts before you do anything else. It could save you some time and money.

Reactions: 4 users

JerRol79ElCam

Not-quite-so-new-guy
Jan 13, 2018
On the Monte, I replaced the heater control valve. The one I removed was half plastic...I'd never seen one with plastic and in my opinion, not ideal for a part that constantly works with 180-210 degrees. Likely part of the problem with heat still coming thru when it's on Vent...
On the El Camino, I welded the driver side exhaust. I had fitted it and tacked it yesterday. After welding it, I connected the assembly to the header and put a jack stand under the muffler to plan how to extend it after the muffler and hang it. Also looked at the rear springs. I already have a new pair ready to install...and I really want to add some new tubular rear control arms while I'm working there too...

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Figured out why the driver's washer has misty old man pee syndrome and the passenger is like a fire hose.

The driver's side is all collapsed and kinked while the passenger side I replaced a while ago.

Reactions: 1 user

MrSony

Geezer
Nov 15, 2014
Des Moines, Iowa
Also, I am the 1000th message. Booya.

OH, also my car has developed an annoying squeak. I think the exhaust is rubbing on the springs or control arms. :L
I think I'm gonna buy another jegs kit and re-re do the exhaust. Now that I have a welder that's worth a sh*t and I can weld exhaust enough to not leak I'm gonna make the exhaust I actually want.

Something akin to this.
219402518_1382052775524290_1611863389326692052_n.jpg

Reactions: 10 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor