What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ttype

Greasemonkey
Jan 30, 2017
Brockville, Ontario.
1 piece at a time... ill get to these as soon as i finish the floor and make a dual inlet 3" to single 3" outlet y pipe. I must be getting old 'cause i really like it quiet on long'ish drives. More importantly, however, the single 3" exhaust came to me after seeing many 6.2L new trucks sounding so tame like...

I will keep at least one dynomax vt in the stream, yet unsure what i will use for a second muffler in series, if it ends up going that way... time will tell.

R.

Attachments

• 16279235452314058674937790667061.jpg
    16279235452314058674937790667061.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 70
Reactions: 2 users

ttype

Greasemonkey
Jan 30, 2017
Brockville, Ontario.
Thats all for today folks! I own 13 thriving superorganisms out back... and after a reflection moment, i heard a dull roar. I have just been put on swarm patrol!!! I am so happy i heard the commotion😁 and i might even go catch my own swarm back and multiply my herd !!! YahOOOOOOooo. Hives make up to twelve "swarm cells"... lets hope for a couple more of these queens. These ones should all bee little ninja outfitted ones. Bye!

R.

Reactions: 1 users

ttype

Greasemonkey
Jan 30, 2017
Brockville, Ontario.
Awesome news!! Should be my last bee post in wdydtygbt... managed to catch 4 different queens yesterday in one swarm, put them in small apartments for now. Stay busy folksies,

R.

Attachments

• 20210802_144328.jpg
    20210802_144328.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 64
  • 20210802_145648.jpg
    20210802_145648.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 65
Reactions: 3 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Not so much as me as it was my mechanic because I took out the back seat so that he could reach around the air ride to be able to pop the trunk. Turned out nothing was bad just the latch started to loosen some which I guess caused the ground in the popper to not work. So that was a positive, now have to do some digging into what the issue with the battery/alternator is, because of course when I started it up yesterday it was charging just fine while it was sitting there. So charged the battery yesterday and going to do a load test on it to see how it is

Reactions: 1 users

85ss/85gn

Master Mechanic
Jan 31, 2007
beaver dam,wi
Stock 4.3? What is the supercharger? Never seen a supercharger for a 4.3

Jakefromstatefarm

Master Mechanic
Feb 26, 2014
Daily'd it the last three days, managed to get out of work early enough the last two days to pick up my mini me from school in it. He loves it because he isn't old enough to realize how rough it is. I enjoy rolling it, he enjoys riding in it. The wife now sees the value of a project for us to do together.

Reactions: 2 users

CopperNick

Comic Book Super Hero
Supporting Member
Feb 20, 2018
Canada
Desire, necessity, and impetus, finally got together and impelled me to don my next to dirtiest, not so white anymore, bunny suit and slide under the Monte for the express purpose of filling the Muncie with T-fluid expressly for manual boxes. it took a bottle and a half of Red Line MTL synthetic to make it full enough to have the fluid start dripping out the inspection/fill port. Wish I could have used a syphon gun for this exercise but, of course, it has gone on vacation and can't be found. Plan B became one of my pump type oil cans, suitably sterilized, and repeatedly filled with the T-oil, nozzle stuck into the filling hole and stroke that trigger.

My only regret with this box is that I did not drill and tap the boss in the bottom for a drain plug. The last iterations had them and some of the boxes were casted with the bosses but left undrilled. I have just enough useable bits left over from the build that I am thinking about assembling a back up, JIC. Would have to do some digging to find a good case and tailshaft housing. Would also have to figure out if I can drill the stock midplate so that I can use the Texas c-shaft with its locking bolt. Just another something to do to write down on the list of all the other "to do's" that has compiled itself over the years.

Still want to try and drop the rear end out and move it aside so that I can access the floor pan and clean and paint it to match all the new sheet metal. Over the diff is the last place that has to be done to get all that completed. Work, wark, Work, wark, Work, wark, wark, wark, wark, wark.................

Nick

Reactions: 3 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor