What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2023]

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s constantly in the 100s here in AZ now so I’m working on things that can be done inside the house with the AC on.

I swapped my dash bezel to an 85 SS version with the dark grey wood grain a while back. I found some vinyl that matches pretty well and tried my hand at wrapping the center console trim from my Impala console. Came out pretty good if I do say so myself. Color matches pretty close, close enough for me!
IMG_5618.jpeg

IMG_5617.jpeg

IMG_5652.jpeg

IMG_5654.jpeg

Popped the passenger's door open on the Monte and gave some serious thought as to how to proceed with prepping the rocker panel site. i still have a lot more of the old panel to cut away and I have to be careful how i go about doing it in order to preserve some of the substructure that might still be useful. Think that my best choices will be the air saw, my 20V Sawzall, and my air motor with a 3" micro wheel mounted to it. The issue in the shop right now is heat. While outside it is only in the 70's, that doesn't include the humidity which is 50% or higher. MY house A/C is doing its best to keep the temps around 73; anything colder and I start to ache.

Nick

Reactions: 83MonteCarloSS
Pretty successful pull of the motor, my buddy was pretty accurate in his time guess if I hadn't slowed us down with pulling the one collector bolt and one bellhousing bolt we would have been way ahead
20230702_132713.jpg
20230702_122855.jpg
20230702_114814.jpg
20230702_120049.jpg
20230702_122249.jpg
20230702_122251.jpg
20230702_111745.jpg
20230702_105430.jpg

NOTHING. Set up the work station for the work to be done to the passenger's rocker panel and did a test fit of the outer rocker to the inner one. Discovered a short section where the edges did not match up and added some metal into there to get it right.

Appliance repair dude came by with the correct capacitor for the motor in my washing machine and it still wouldn't trigger so the verdict is a dead motor. Price on a new one is 300-400 dollars and then there is the labor to drop it in, plus which it would have to be ordered with no firm date on arrival.

So I said **** it and told him to sell me a new one. They have a model match for the old one, just with a different brand name on the shrouding so it will be delivered tomorrow after work. They take the old one away and it goes to scrap. That sucks because it has a replacement transmission in it that is only 2 years old. Maybe I can get him to pull it and set it aside if the carcass is going to the crusher. They don't harvest parts and are too short of techs to do rebuilds. Might possibly have him leave the whole thing which would let me take the cut off wheel to it and harvest the outer case. It is flat steel and therefore good for possible panel making.

Nick

NOTHING. Set up the work station for the work to be done to the passenger's rocker panel and did a test fit of the outer rocker to the inner one. Discovered a short section where the edges did not match up and added some metal into there to get it right.

Appliance repair dude came by with the correct capacitor for the motor in my washing machine and it still wouldn't trigger so the verdict is a dead motor. Price on a new one is 300-400 dollars and then there is the labor to drop it in, plus which it would have to be ordered with no firm date on arrival.

So I said **** it and told him to sell me a new one. They have a model match for the old one, just with a different brand name on the shrouding so it will be delivered tomorrow after work. They take the old one away and it goes to scrap. That sucks because it has a replacement transmission in it that is only 2 years old. Maybe I can get him to pull it and set it aside if the carcass is going to the crusher. They don't harvest parts and are too short of techs to do rebuilds. Might possibly have him leave the whole thing which would let me take the cut off wheel to it and harvest the outer case. It is flat steel and therefore good for possible panel making.

Nick
I would keep it and either ....
-sell the parts off on ebay and keep the sheetmetal
-sell the whole thing to someone who may want to repair it

Reactions: 83MonteCarloSS
I would keep it and either ....
-sell the parts off on ebay and keep the sheetmetal
-sell the whole thing to someone who may want to repair it
You left out option 3: place it prominently in the front yard and plant flowers

You left out option 3: place it prominently in the front yard and plant flowers
is that a thing in Canada? I know it is some places in the USA.

there's even one business around that does it...
1688581212256.png

Why not?

Even if it isn't he can either be a trendsetter, or, put it in a swamp and call it an artificial beaver lodge
In Canada, I think that would be the International Possum Brotherhood of the Possum Lodge

1688587599507.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Wraith
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor