What Did You Do To Your G-Body Today? [2023]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Headliner recover.
20230624_233259.jpg
Should be a complete car again soon. I'll update my thread when I make some more progress.

i can do the salad/bread sticks but that's where it ends for me.there's a few around here and they're rough

Made two new cables for the heat, vent, defrost slide control in my Cutlass this morning. I cleaned out the ductwork as best I could, got a load of mouse nest type stuff out of it and freed up all of the doors in the system. Hopefully everything works as it should when it’s needed down the road, I plan on using it year round as long as the roads are clean.

Was able to borrow an obsolete tool to make the hoops for the cables, a KD-495. Once I figured out how to use it the job went very well.

IMG_4201.jpegIMG_4202.jpegIMG_4203.jpegIMG_4204.jpeg

Well finally got some answers but more to come once we pull it apart fully, but it ain't looking good. Really shocked my buddy wasn't all in on the LS swap idea, but agree with him that I'll be able to redo the 350 for much cheaper than doing the swap because I would want to go all in and do the TR6060 I had originally planned. My buddy said he had never seen one as bad as the worse one, but the shocker is they are cylinders right next to each other.
20230624_113133.jpg
20230624_112809.jpg

In reference of the postings from earlier this month, I went looking for my Jegs receipt for my Edelbrock lifters to check the purchase date. Couldn't find it & didn't check all of the receipts so looked it up on Jegs. They were bought back in '16 so they should be part of those beleived to be bad. They're also still listed as made in the USA currently.

• Sad
Reactions: Rktpwrd
T56 is much easier to work with, there's a reason most go with them.
I haven't had much luck with my T56 but guess I should know by now that nothing works the way it should for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor