What did you do to your G-Body today 2024

Been puttering on the car last couple nights after work and got the radio wiring harness installed and tested. First time I’ve heard music inside that car since I parked it in 1991. Very sad thought but it was really cool sitting in it tonight with AC/DC playing!

I have to shore up the mounting points for the radio as this car saw many stereos over the time I daily drove it and it’s been abused. Got one side set and glued tonight, I’ll do the other side Sunday, work and company tomorrow.

Not sure I mentioned it but the car is a paperweight at the moment as I broke the shift shaft on the TH700R4. I was going to change the simple Camaro bracket for one that could control the links to the steering column so I’ll have my safety features back and working. I tried a few GM dealerships and they say GM has them on Backorder. I stopped at a transmission shop on my lunch break and he couldn’t find that shift shaft through any of his suppliers. But he called me later on in the day and found a used one and is having it shipped over. Should be here Wednesday latest as it’s coming from upstate NY. 🤞

Of course, a used one popped up on eBay but I never found it with a search of the GM part number.

I am going to keep looking for a new one to have on the shelf just in case. The transmission guy said he hasn’t rebuilt a TH700R4 in years but did do a TH200R4 a few months back for a guy with a HotRod.

Maybe I should just pony up and buy the -Jericho 5 speed manual I’ve been wanting….

I had heard that the 4L60 was an improved TH700R4 and the catalog at the transmission shop had both units listed on the same parts chapter. Funny he still has old school paper catalogs! The company was Wittrans, WIT whatever it takes transmission:

good to hear there's still places that know these transmissions are around.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor