What did you do to your G-Body today 2024

That about sounds like me and tools. I'll mention the mfgr but don't work for them or sell the product; just an expression of my personal tastes and preferences. Very nice work by the way, wonder if they'd do something for a floor stick; mine just says "Hurst".

Nick

It’s dark, but it’s still mean as hell.
4430562B-CBEB-4668-942E-C47985693AD4.jpeg

I’m glad I went with factory nose blackouts.

That about sounds like me and tools. I'll mention the mfgr but don't work for them or sell the product; just an expression of my personal tastes and preferences. Very nice work by the way, wonder if they'd do something for a floor stick; mine just says "Hurst".

Nick
I'll drop you a PM with my main point of contacts info for them. You can send him pics and such and he can tell you what they can do and how much.

Reactions: Sweet_Johnny
Thank you! I get all my engraved stuff from a shop in Yuma AZ. It's called Krazy Kutting. Great group of people to work with. The key with custom hand engraved stuff is patience. Some folks get upset some items take 3-6 weeks to get done. But if you think of the time to prep, engraved, send to chrome and get it back, that is really reasonable. Here is their website.

They also have a Facebook page too.

I have NO affiliation with them other then being a frequent customer. 😁
how come I don't see any engravings of nekkid wimmen being sacrificed to Aztec gods? :wtf:

Maybe local obscenity laws or fundamentalist bible thumper interference in free speech?

Nick

Grabbed a few various sized trash bags and proceeded to wrap up the passenger door cards and associated bits both to protect them and to keep them in one lot to make re-assembly easier should that time ever arrive. Elected to order new water resistant door paper and the insulation as both were on special last weekend at OPGI. They also have the perimeter door sill gaskets and mine are originals that I salvaged from other donor cars decades ago so while useable still also marginal for physical condition. Just waiting on a few extra bucks to fall in the kitty so I can pull the trigger on them/

Nick

No more heating bolts for hours for me. Buy a grinder and cut off disc and be done with it. This kicked my butt when it didn't need to. I spent hours trying to get the bolts out of the lower control arm mount, but they were seized in the bushing. I beat on them, put a propane (yellow bottle) on them. Finally, I went to HF and took the grinder straight to the bolt. 6 minutes...DONE.

20240831_214533.jpg

20240907_150505.jpg

No more heating bolts for hours for me. Buy a grinder and cut off disc and be done with it. This kicked my butt when it didn't need to. I spent hours trying to get the bolts out of the lower control arm mount, but they were seized in the bushing. I beat on them, put a propane (yellow bottle) on them. Finally, I went to HF and took the grinder straight to the bolt. 6 minutes...DONE.

View attachment 245377
View attachment 245378
That is a beautiful Regal sir!

Working on the front bumper filler, it was worn through in two spots because the grills / header panel rubbed through it when the radiator support bushings wore out. It’s beat but I’ve had no luck finding a better one and the fiberglass reproduction I bought doesn’t fit worth a darn so reusing the original is the way it is.

I used JB Weld clear two part epoxy adhesive to attach a 1/16” x 1/2” inch aluminum angle to the backside to rigid things up so it won’t flex and crack the filler on the outer painted side. I used JB Weld again on the outside to fill the holes and will sand that tomorrow and see what it looks like. Probably used regular body filler to skim it, or maybe fiberglass filler?

IMG_5798.jpegIMG_5802.jpegIMG_5804.jpeg

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor