What did you do to your G-Body today 2024

It’s been a fun 4 days.
A0124EF9-3AB7-4A7F-8004-3D1C31D929BC.jpeg

New rear axle, BMR rear control arm braces, new tailpipes, Speedway upper front control arms and cut half a coil off the front springs.

And it still needs spacers on the rear which I forgot to order 🤣

Swapped my electric fans for a set of LS1 fans. They are pulling more air than my old ones. I had to make some brackets for the mounts and made a bracket to mount the relays. Brackets are cut on the plasma table, bent in the press, welded and powder coated. I just need to finish putting the wire wrap on.
Next is the one wire alternator.

1725319030003.jpeg

1725319084689.jpeg

1725319128716.jpeg

1725319188653.jpeg

1725319272560.jpeg

1725319325813.jpeg

1725319435801.jpeg

Swapped my electric fans for a set of LS1 fans. They are pulling more air than my old ones. I had to make some brackets for the mounts and made a bracket to mount the relays. Brackets are cut on the plasma table, bent in the press, welded and powder coated. I just need to finish putting the wire wrap on.
Next is the one wire alternator.

View attachment 245044
View attachment 245045
View attachment 245046
View attachment 245047
View attachment 245048
View attachment 245049
View attachment 245050
interesting battery setup you got there, using both sets of terminals. what's hooked up?

Driving it around running errands.
Trying to find washers big enough to fix the frame side cab mounts on the k1500.
I belive I can get em from fastenal...
Screenshot_20240902_222902_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: Sweet_Johnny
Still waiting on my wheels to be powdered, they were supposed to be done Wednesday but my guy said he was backed up since he was short. Was hoping to have them by Friday so that I could take the car out to all the holiday weekend shows, didn't work out since they got Friday off for the holiday too so hopefully early this week....

Still waiting on my wheels to be powdered, they were supposed to be done Wednesday but my guy said he was backed up since he was short. Was hoping to have them by Friday so that I could take the car out to all the holiday weekend shows, didn't work out since they got Friday off for the holiday too so hopefully early this week....
Send them to me- I'll powdercoat them personally right here:IMG_20230106_193051773.jpg

interesting battery setup you got there, using both sets of terminals. what's hooked up?
Main battery is for the car. 2nd battery is for the amp, power seats, electric fans and any other BS stuff. I want to add under dash lights as well as some additional lights in the trunk and under the hood. Just something I've always wanted to do.

Nice looking set up.
Thanks, I wish it were mine- it officially belongs to Anchor Fabrication. I called it home for a couple of years but am overseeing Quality Assurance now, though I can step in at any time.

Reactions: Rktpwrd

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor