What did you do to your G-Body today 2024

You can indeed find those washers at Fastenal
received_387406544392547.jpeg

Send them to me- I'll powdercoat them personally right here:View attachment 245142
Now that its been 2 weeks, it probably would have been quicker to send them to you. But since I was trying to match the 2 tone wheels he did before for me it would be easier, funny part is he fought with me at first saying are you sure that I did them. Hahaha
We have a full blown powder coating set up right onsite where I work. It helps keep the costs down by doing it ourselves. The sand blast booth, powder coat booth and oven are all about 15’x20’ ish each.
We do actually have both as well, but they aren't all that big and would be maxing both out to even try. Not to mention the bike guy is very particular about what you are sand blasting in his stuff

Got my new shifter in today. Pulled the other one and was super simple. Was kinda shocked that it was literally only one pin to pull and then work the new lever in and put the pin in. Only issue I had, had to remove some chrome from the shifter end to get it to fit in the opening of the column...wont see it in there anyhow. Then got it all seated and like and idiot didn't think about chrome closing up the hole for the pin. So back out it came. Then cleaned up the hole running a drill bit through and then a needle file. Of course second install wanted to fight me...not sure why, but just seemed to not want to go all the way in. Then got it in and the pin in.
I polish all my fresh engraved chrome with Blue Magic...so of course...the wife says "have fun polishing your knob in the garage"...shesh. Man I love that woman.😁
1000009838.jpg

1000009839.jpg

Got my new shifter in today. Pulled the other one and was super simple. Was kinda shocked that it was literally only one pin to pull and then work the new lever in and put the pin in. Only issue I had, had to remove some chrome from the shifter end to get it to fit in the opening of the column...wont see it in there anyhow. Then got it all seated and like and idiot didn't think about chrome closing up the hole for the pin. So back out it came. Then cleaned up the hole running a drill bit through and then a needle file. Of course second install wanted to fight me...not sure why, but just seemed to not want to go all the way in. Then got it in and the pin in.
I polish all my fresh engraved chrome with Blue Magic...so of course...the wife says "have fun polishing your knob in the garage"...shesh. Man I love that woman.😁
Man, I love that, although too pretty for my cars. Where'd you get the shifter?

Reactions: RICKDIZZLE
Man, I love that, although too pretty for my cars. Where'd you get the shifter?
Thank you! I get all my engraved stuff from a shop in Yuma AZ. It's called Krazy Kutting. Great group of people to work with. The key with custom hand engraved stuff is patience. Some folks get upset some items take 3-6 weeks to get done. But if you think of the time to prep, engraved, send to chrome and get it back, that is really reasonable. Here is their website.

They also have a Facebook page too.

I have NO affiliation with them other then being a frequent customer. 😁

Reactions: Sweet_Johnny

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor