1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What did you do to your G-Body today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dlo253, Apr 26, 2011.

1. Bahbo

Bahbo Not-quite-so-new-guy

I pulled the quick ratio box and pump off my parts car along with all of the brackets for the accessory drive. Pulled a couple ac components my car is missing, and tried to remove the f41 front sway bar but the bolts were/are fused into the frame. Have to pick up a new blade for the sawsall tomorrow. I'm just going to cut the brackets off to get the bar out. Then the only other piece I need out of that car is the 200-4r.

2. Turbo Zach

Turbo Zach Master Mechanic

Finished my valve covers. Before. 20170713_202257.jpg After I got done. 20170716_182156.jpg

• Like Like x 10
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. 1evilregal

1evilregal Royal Smart Person

Thanks Scott, the Chief is still roadworthy, I had decided to sell it off, then noticed the rust holes just behind the t-top area, and decided to go ahead with any/all rust issues.... looks like with the extra effort into it, he'll be staying around for awhile...

Donovan, he really has inspired me on this.... without his step by step stuff, I probably wouldn't have found the nerve to do this! I just wish I had his talent with the welder, and alot more patience.... I will have to re-do the top, just behind the t-tops, as my skills are improving,but still way off where they need to be, and I got quite a bit of warping on the roof, and really ugly welds... I won't be happy until I get it sorted out...

• Like Like x 4
  4. Clutch

Clutch Royal Smart Person

The worping is from the heat transferring threw the panel you can use clay or wet newspaper around the work area to stop or slow it down for best results small welds and move around to not heat one spot to much

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. pontiacgp

pontiacgp Rocket Powered Basset Hound

I unintentionally tested the integrity of my cooling system today. I popped the hood to check on fluid levels and the top rad hose had collapsed from the engine cooling down. I'll be picking up a new rad cap tomorrow but it's nice to know the cooling system is not leaking anywhere....

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. 1evilregal

1evilregal Royal Smart Person

pretty much what knowledge I ave of welding, is self taught... the roof was my first attempt at metal that tempermental.... the smaller patches went much better, so I want to re-attempt... also didn't have any arch in the metal to mirror the roof shape... thank you for the advice, will def give it a try

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. ssn696

ssn696 Royal Smart Person

As I drove the wagon home 200 miles from where I bought it, it felt like a time warp - like a comfy pair of jeans from way back that still fit.

18 years and still formulating the working plan for the coupe....

#6677 ssn696, Jul 17, 2017 at 9:08 PM
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2017 at 9:34 PM
    • Like Like x 5
  8. ChetC

ChetC Not-quite-so-new-guy

IMG_2346.JPG Swapped out the factory air cleaner

• Like Like x 2
  9. Clutch

Clutch Royal Smart Person

Looks clean under there why's the heater core disconnected?

10. axisg

axisg Royal Smart Person

^^ I would be wiling to bet he gets hot air coming in the car when driving. Disconnect the heater core and no more hot air :)

From near DD status for over the last month I parked my heap at the top of the driveway this morning in favour of a car with working A/C. Its not terribly hot ( 75-80f ) here but I find it humid as can be. Roughly 70%. I don't know how you guys in FL. LA and TX deal with it ! Maybe all that rust, dust, bodyfiller, and paint fumes over the years have taken their toll on me ?
    Next spring the Monte will again have working A/C !!

• Like Like x 1