What did you do to your G-Body today?

Wageslave

G-Body Guru
Jan 25, 2017
The Bonneville is on the road!

Got some fluids in it and put enough of the old exhaust on to let it dump out the side, behind the front tires. I took it around the block and it is running pretty good for the most part. I still have a miss that is rocker lash related and I need a different upper radiator hose, but I am pleased at the outcome. Plus, the exhaust sounds awesome. ( if only a little illegal)

fleming442

Comic Book Super Hero
Dec 26, 2013
I put butt and back sweat into the seat fabric because the AC took a :poop: AGAIN.:itchy:

motorheadmike

Royal Smart Person
Nov 18, 2009
Ottawa, Ontario Canada
Picked up the last batch of hardware removed from the doors and any other stuff I missed earlier

And people wonder why these cars are so heavy. LOL. Looks good!

Texas82GP

Comic Book Super Hero
Silver
Apr 3, 2015
Spring, Texas

Wageslave

G-Body Guru
Jan 25, 2017
Got my engine running right and took it for a drive. It freaking rips! Found 2 spark wires swapped and had some sloppy rockers that got adjusted. It freaking rips!

I did learn some stuff today. Such as the oil pressure dummy light does not work if the choke is not hooked up correctly. And for whatever reason, this car came with a temp sensor from a gauges car, so until my gauge cluster arrives I get to judge temperature by how brightly or dimly the light is lit. Also, vortec heads use a different spark plug than non-vortec heads. When I pulled my heads out, I found the spark plugs were recessed back about 1/2 inch out of the combustion chamber. I am guessing that I was losing about half a point of compression to that problem.

Hopefully I will get an exhaust on it this weekend and be on the road again.