What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 4, 2012
i hear you. i wish they made the floor support that runs along that runs the full length of the floor that also hooks to the cab mount. i had to fabricate one because i was unable to find one. wondering what everyone else dose when they need one.it dont come with the floor.

I had to make those for my truck.

At least you don't have to fab the inner cab corners for an extended cab. No one makes anything for them and they were a PIA.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users

wonderboy24

Royal Smart Person
Jul 10, 2012
Davenport, Iowa
I had to make those for my truck.

At least you don't have to fab the inner cab corners for an extended cab. No one makes anything for them and they were a PIA.
i hear that. i do have to fab up the rest of the floor that dont come with the pans. and the inside of the door jams. but good thing i got extra metal and a break . makes much easier. just need a roller lol

axisg

Comic Book Super Hero
Jul 17, 2007
YYZ
cleaning up the yard last weekend and had a fire to burn off all the loose branches that fell after the wind storm and my 2 year old fire pit rusted right thru. I seem I spend $60 - $70 on one every 2 years. I took a steel 50 gallon drum I was using for separating my Copper and Alum from the scrap steel at work and dumped out the contents. Cut 12 inches out of the middle, then welded the top and bottom rings together. Then got fancy with the air grinder to cut out the family name, some stars, etc for the firelight to shine thru. $9.00 worth of rattle can high heat paint is all I have invested. Even if it only lasts a summer or 2 it's better than than damn cheapo ones I was using before. I have a propane cylinder from a forklift that I contemplated using instead as a chimmenia but chickened out on taking the grinder to it because I cannot for the life of me get the damned valve off !!

Reactions: 1 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
cleaning up the yard last weekend and had a fire to burn off all the loose branches that fell after the wind storm and my 2 year old fire pit rusted right thru. I seem I spend $60 - $70 on one every 2 years. I took a steel 50 gallon drum I was using for separating my Copper and Alum from the scrap steel at work and dumped out the contents. Cut 12 inches out of the middle, then welded the top and bottom rings together. Then got fancy with the air grinder to cut out the family name, some stars, etc for the firelight to shine thru. $9.00 worth of rattle can high heat paint is all I have invested. Even if it only lasts a summer or 2 it's better than than damn cheapo ones I was using before. I have a propane cylinder from a forklift that I contemplated using instead as a chimmenia but chickened out on taking the grinder to it because I cannot for the life of me get the damned valve off !!
What no pictures?

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I finished up my plow pump by putting a sealed Metri-pac connector on the control wires, then leveled the millings in the driveway. Took the blade off, filled the bed, and went to the recycling yard...

Nov 4, 2012

My grandfather took an old 18 wheeler split rim and cut the center of it out with an oxyacetylene torch about 40 years ago. We've been using it as a fire ring ever since and it still isn't even close to rusted out.

Reactions: 2 users

Clutch

Geezer
Apr 7, 2017
Brick NJ
I tried out the new color
IMG_20180413_213656.jpg
IMG_20180413_210843752.jpg
IMG_20180413_211146314.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 5 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor