What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feeling nostalgic for crap that I could never afford when I was a kid, I bought me a vintage Sanyo TV alarm clock for repair off of eBay.

IMG_20190930_002841.jpg

This thing is an absolute monster of a device, with about the same footprint as an 80's VCR.

The alarm clock was mostly working when I received it, with the main problems being the base of the antenna had broken through the plastic and the clock itself would not stop flashing like there had been a power outage.

I took it apart and used some washers to support the plastic around the base of the antenna, and reseated and cleaned all of the connectors on the inside of the machine. This managed to get the clock functioning properly, and now I have a fully functioning machine.

This will probably end up on my desk, hooked to a Roku, as something to watch YouTube videos on.

Was a fun weekend project to restore a piece of vintage tech.

Last edited:
Just ran across this drone video which happened to be us - probably because it was Lane Automotive (like Jegs & Summit) announcer talks them up probably cause they are a track sponsor.

Wow what a nice track, paved pits, no potholes and everything!!!!

Just ran across this drone video which happened to be us - probably because it was Lane Automotive (like Jegs & Summit) announcer talks them up probably cause they are a track sponsor. We are the S 10 pulling up to the cross walk.

video's like that make me miss being in the infield and pits on race days at the circle tracks.....👍

• Agree
Reactions: Local Hero
About that Beemer project, it's the HD bagger with the apes in the back ground and the centre knob saddle bags that is more interesting to me. For my today non G-projects, I spent some time at the buffing wheel trying to resurrect what I think may be a Nickel plate finish on a circs 70 year old crash guard for an Indian Chief. Prior to that I threw a second layer of rust encapsulator at a brand new inner fender well/outer wheel house that I had to custom fab from sheet metal for the p/u box on 03 my S-10 because they are not offered by the factory as an individual replacement part. Still have to pop some holes in the flange using my air punch before I can put it in place and plug weld it in for good. Part two of this project is the outer eyebrow for the same side skin. Sorry, no pics of either to do; never think of them until well after the work is done!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor