What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
20190505_185553_HDR.jpg

Built a trampoline. Instructions said it was a three person job - all I had was one man. I have dubbed it: Thunderdome.

Last edited:
  • Winner
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Nov 4, 2012
Camry is back together with WeatherTechs in place. Looks and smells much better. With gas at $3.19/gal and rising, it's gonna be nice have around. It's really the only fuel sipper in the fleet. I better get some seat covers on it if I plan on taking it to work.

IMG_20190505_191640471-2672x2004.jpg

IMG_20190505_191655306-2672x2004.jpg

Reactions: 3 users

Turbo Zach

Comic Book Super Hero
Sep 8, 2015
Decent, I built one like that a few years back by myself. I recall the instructions saying something similar as well. Lacing the net was an absolute thrill!
Yep we have one too. I take ours apart every fall and put it back together in the spring. Lacing the net is the worst part.

Reactions: 1 user

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I actually took the day off from normal house/fleet duties. My daughter was inspired by watching the Derby Saturday night,
and the wife had a girl's day with her BFF, so me and the kid went to see the ponies run at Laurel Park. I think I've created a monster. She takes riding lessons for jumping (up to 2' 6" so far), but she was absolutely enamored with racing, though. She's having a hard time grasping the fact that, at 10 yrs old, she's already bigger than most of the jockeys. :ROFLMAO:

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
  • Haha

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Spent most of my weekend sitting either on a chair on the lakeshore or on a pontoon with a beverage in hand so I didnt get a ton done.

I did feel a slight vibration in the rear driveline in the rainier Saturday when slowing at around 50mph. Also it has developed a really bad screech when driving and a chattering sound from the front calipers. 248k miles in MN/ND/IA will do that. Put over 70k miles on it and have yet to take the rear calipers off to even do pads so thats pretty good life.

Took the passenger side rear tire off and the pads were OK but the rotor has surface rust and got larger in diameter causing it to scrape on the caliper rattle clips in the bracket. Turned the OD down in the lathe and its better now.

Also, took the drivers front caliper apart since it was creeking when the brakes were applied and there was road grime/rust in the inside pad. Cleaned the rattle clip off, wire wheeled the pad mount slots and applied some high temp caliper grease. Put it back together and its nice and quiet again.

Tonight's job is to drain the rear diff fluid and hope its not a glitter bomb. I felt the driveshaft and it has WAY more backlash than I feel safe with and seems to have some side to side slop which isnt good. My guess is the cage failed in the front pinion diff bearing which is why its loud when im decelerating. I hope I got to it early enough that the gears are still OK. Hopefully its as simple as new carrier bearings and pinion bearing.

I'm split between replacing the rainier and getting it ready for another 50k miles. If I get a free afternoon Friday I am going to cut some rust free rear quarters off a Rainier thats in the salvage yard thats real clean and start rust repair. If I go that far she's getting to 300k!

Reactions: 1 users

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor