What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2019]

Status
Not open for further replies.
1557174904688.png

1557174925694.png

The pickup really helps with the gardening

Seems everyone got the Diesel Hilux but North America. I see them all over the Caribbean and central America. They're way burlier than out Tacomas.

Story time boys; put on your helmets!

This morning I dropped the Mrs' Colorado at the stealership for some warranty work. So she got to take the kids to school in the TBSS - and was rather reluctant to give up the driver's seat when she came to pick me up. Later on in the afternoon I polished the turd while we waited for the call to pick up her pick-up.

20190506_181629.jpg

The call came in and off we went to grab the kids from school/daycare, and headed to the stealership. Now here's where it gets good. On the way out of town we see this red late-model F150 (regular cab, short box with the 3 foot tall FORD lettering in the grille rolling on Ricky Redneck wheels and honking its 5.0 through a muffler delete) ripping around in traffic. As luck would have it we lined up next to him at the next light... downshift to D, stabilitrac: Off, traction control: Off, lay back and wait.

Light goes green and sure enough the F150 jumps off the line...

blllllllaaaaarrtttppppt!

I let him get a truck length out on us before I made a move. Engine comes up on the converter fast, Procharger kicks in, and the AWD digs hard - it was over. The look on his face in my rear view mirror when we blew past him was priceless. His mouth was literally hanging open in shock. He was dumbfounded. Perplexed even. I was pissing myself laughing - my youngest joyfully joined in. Poor b*st*rd had his alumidumb truck whooped by a fully loaded glorified minivan. Never saw it coming. He looked like this douchebag:

1-billy.jpg

The best part was he had to stare at the TBSS' tail lights for another 15 minutes and think about the poor choices he made in life, and he didn't dare attempt a pass once we hit the highway.

Another day, another neutered Ferd owner.

Last edited:
I want a damn tbss so bad! With 4 kids we needed something a little bigger. We had an 02 Tahoe before and I loved it but not enough. When I went looking for the next family hauler I new I want an Escalade for the 6.2 and decided on an ESV for the space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor