What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2020]

Status
Not open for further replies.

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
That thing looks like a nightmare to get right. Robbed of key parts and no longer sealed; and full of debris. Run away!

550ish HP is a cake walk for any LS. No need to open it up beyond a cam and springs - especially for a Gen IV 4.8L as it won't have any DOD or AFM issues. The 4L80E conversion vs. the billet 4L60E is going to be an interesting debate... I went billet 4L70E in the TBSS for a reason: Ease.

I am not up to speed on the robustness of the SY/TY AWD system - but uber low end torque may not work well, especially with traction.
Yeah I noticed the debris in the valley after I looked at the pics a little better, he did say he would have everything for it. The auto stuff is all knew to me but have to plan for the worst after all my T56 troubles. So wanted to try and stay ahead of it. From what I hear they took pretty decent amount of power, I did see there was a kit to beef it all up which I would look at when doing the transmission over the winter

Reactions: 1 user

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
That thing looks like a nightmare to get right. Robbed of key parts and no longer sealed; and full of debris. Run away!

550ish HP is a cake walk for any LS. No need to open it up beyond a cam and springs - especially for a Gen IV 4.8L as it won't have any DOD or AFM issues. The 4L80E conversion vs. the billet 4L60E is going to be an interesting debate... I went billet 4L70E in the TBSS for a reason: Ease.

I am not up to speed on the robustness of the SY/TY AWD system - but uber low end torque may not work well, especially with traction.
Forgot to say I was guessing the 4L60 billet and the 4L80 was similar to the T56 built vs. TR6060?

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan
Yeah I noticed the debris in the valley after I looked at the pics a little better, he did say he would have everything for it. The auto stuff is all knew to me but have to plan for the worst after all my T56 troubles. So wanted to try and stay ahead of it. From what I hear they took pretty decent amount of power, I did see there was a kit to beef it all up which I would look at when doing the transmission over the winter

Bully Racing?

motorheadmike

Geezer
Nov 18, 2009
Saskatchewan, Truckistan

fleming442

Captain Tenneal
Dec 26, 2013
I know a guy that's been in the Sy/Ty scene since basically day one, and the awd system has a limit (600hp?). Eventually, the quick guys end up RWD.
Don't know if he on FB, but his name is Bob Gallah.

Reactions: 1 users

81cutlass

Comic Book Super Hero
Feb 16, 2009
Western MN
Yeah it is AWD, but honestly don't plan on tracking it at all. Just something to scoot around in that is like the rest of what I have, not something you see everyday

I remember seeing on one of those power block Sunday morning TV shows and they 5.3 swapped a 4.3 01 4dr blazer. The biggest problem was the oil pan. The front diff claimed a lot of room the stock oil pan did and they had to chop the pan up a lot.

You might get away with dropping the entire gmt360 (V8 tblazer) engine and pan, trans, tcase and front diff into the S10 chassis and then you just need to do front half shafts.

Reactions: 1 users

Supercharged111

Comic Book Super Hero
Oct 25, 2019
Colorado Springs, CO
I remember seeing on one of those power block Sunday morning TV shows and they 5.3 swapped a 4.3 01 4dr blazer. The biggest problem was the oil pan. The front diff claimed a lot of room the stock oil pan did and they had to chop the pan up a lot.

You might get away with dropping the entire gmt360 (V8 tblazer) engine and pan, trans, tcase and front diff into the S10 chassis and then you just need to do front half shafts.

There's a guy who used the 360 front diff setup in his g body. I think I saw him on Honnigans?

Injectedcutty

G body LS mafia
Nov 24, 2014
Louisville, KY
Because I obviously have problems leaving things stock, I added some upgrades to the ole 12 gauge. Picked up a stock shell holder, sling, and a red dot. Do I really need it for home defense? Abso****inlutely!!!... Meet Earl 2.0...
20200812_170502.jpg

• Winner
Reactions: 8 users
Status
Not open for further replies.

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor