What did you do to your non-G body project today? [2023]

Picked this up today for a damn sight less than the $1100 they bring new.

PXL_20231102_191250923.MP.jpg

It attaches to the B&W turnover ball gooseneck hitch I scored a few years back dirt cheap at the junkyard.

Finally got the rear suspension work on the LaCrosse wrapped up today. In all, it got a new subframe, trailing arms and brackets, lateral links, sway bar brackets, bushings and end links, struts and strut mounts, fuel filler neck, and new parking brake cables and equalizer. I went with mostly budget parts- TRQ from 1A Auto, Dorman and Monroe for the struts. I did choose the OESpectrum struts over the cheaper Roadmatics though I opted to reuse my coil springs.

The ride is a lot better, the parking brake is finally adjusted correctly, and the car isn't so rusty underneath anymore. I still have to take it for an alignment, then it should be all set.
View attachment 230685
View attachment 230684
View attachment 230683
Yup, those metal mites are hard to kill.

• Agree
Reactions: CopperNick
Pics of 4L60 fire from over-gross towing, asking for olds307 and 403

I assume it looks the same as a not blown up 4L60. You know there are 2 kinds, right? Those that have died and those that will.

Was informed of a new thing for The Jr. Mechanic that was tonight, wrestling. Dispite the warm up was wearing him out he likes it & wants to do it. Told him we'll do it as long as he wants to, if he wants to stop it's OK. All about him enjoying it & having fun. Not going to be that parent that pushes sports just to relive past glory.

Reactions: Sweet_Johnny
Finally got the rear suspension work on the LaCrosse wrapped up today. In all, it got a new subframe, trailing arms and brackets, lateral links, sway bar brackets, bushings and end links, struts and strut mounts, fuel filler neck, and new parking brake cables and equalizer. I went with mostly budget parts- TRQ from 1A Auto, Dorman and Monroe for the struts. I did choose the OESpectrum struts over the cheaper Roadmatics though I opted to reuse my coil springs.

The ride is a lot better, the parking brake is finally adjusted correctly, and the car isn't so rusty underneath anymore. I still have to take it for an alignment, then it should be all set.
View attachment 230685
View attachment 230684
View attachment 230683
Time to fluid film the h*ll out of it.

Was informed of a new thing for The Jr. Mechanic that was tonight, wrestling. Dispite the warm up was wearing him out he likes it & wants to do it. Told him we'll do it as long as he wants to, if he wants to stop it's OK. All about him enjoying it & having fun. Not going to be that parent that pushes sports just to relive past glory.
Co-ed wrestling is fun. Mud is easier to get clean than oil, and jello stains. Best is the generic KY for cleanup. Make sure to let him know those three tips and all is good.

• Haha
Reactions: Ugly1
Co-ed wrestling is fun. Mud is easier to get clean than oil, and jello stains. Best is the generic KY for cleanup. Make sure to let him know those three tips and all is good.
Well there is one girl in the group & guess who was the lucky one to have do some lessons/sparing with her for his (& hers) first lesson.

Reactions: Ugly1 and ck80

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor