What did you do to your non-G Body project today [2024 edition]

Bonnewagon

Lost in the Labyrinth
Supporting Member
Sep 18, 2009
Queens, NY
I proposed, she said yes
Congrats! Just be sure it lasts. Keep your sense of humor,you will need it. I'm married 49 years and I am looking for a spot in the yard where I don't care if nothing grows there after I, um, bury something there.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

ck80

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2014
Congrats! Just be sure it lasts. Keep your sense of humor,you will need it. I'm married 49 years and I am looking for a spot in the yard where I don't care if nothing grows there after I, um, bury something there.
Burying deadwood just leads to problems. Now a man with a chipper, he speeds things right on along.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Built6spdMCSS

Geezer
Jun 15, 2012
Florida Beach
PLANT.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Tomeal

G-Body Guru
Apr 17, 2016
Clyde,pa
I really need to do this to the van, been meaning to get a scrub brush and just use some dawn to give a good scrub with the same expectations or close. Would make a huge difference on it

I can't remember the last time I ever even cleaned my own car, probably 30+yrs. I usually goto the car wash and pay to have it done, but this truck was different. I could tell this truck had been used by a construction guy by all the dirt/gravel/mud/pebbles/grunge/dust and body oils & sweat ground into the carpet, door panels, and seats. but it turned out cleaning what I did wasn't that bad.

tried two different cleaners, Purple Power and Chemical Guys Invinsible All Surface Cleaner, alternating between doors. both seemed to be equal in cleaning ability. about the only difference I observed, subjectively, was that the PP seemed a little more "tacky/sticky" and a little stronger scent of "windex/ammonia" compared to ChemGuys. again, that was subjective and all 4 doors were open the whole time. even then you had to get within a couple inches to smell it as the wind wasn't blowing.
did the drivers side first and pre-soaked it a couple times but that made no difference and the dirt/dust didn't run down when wet. the technique was squirt cleaner, scrub with brush wet with water, then wipe down with paper towels. water ended up being brown. started over on passenger side wiping down with water and scrub first which got me cloudy water. went thru the same squirt and scrub with wet brush then wipe with paper towels. water at the end of it was a lot less brown, but that may have been just the fact that passenger side sees a lot less activity.

been 18 hrs with doors closed since yesterday, let me go and check it right now..... nope, no residual stink build-up by the PP or ChemGuys cleaner.

so, both work but which one is actually "better" for the door panels so it doesn't degrade the surfaces? 🤷‍♂️

I use Simple Green concentrated in a spray bottle with good results. but i enjoy the scent of simple green.

**Tip** Get the spray bottle that has the foamer tip that snaps over. It helps it stick to vertical surfaces very well. I also use this when i want to clean tire sidewalls back to black.

Reactions: 4 users

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Fiori's is my favorite pizza.
Yeah its up there for me too, growing up in Dormont I was spoiled with Fioris, Campitis, and Betos all very close. I guess it explains my girlish figure
drag queen trans GIF

• Haha

mclellan83

Comic Book Super Hero
Jun 27, 2017
Pgh, PA
Took the car out again, so weird to me that it is very blah when first driving with shakes and other unwell feels then once it warms up it seems fine. Took it out to Twin Peaks, man were there some buns out...... Just found out Friday is the day to go, lingerie day:wax:
20240210_212604.jpg

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor