What did you do to your non-G Body project today [2024 edition]

For us it would be more like 40/50 up here and good luck finding a venue that would host the gig. Too bad, sounds like the night could be fun and I am personally way past empty in the humor relief department.

Tonight, as noted elsewhere, was more of a non G project evening. Made it down to the basement and managed to find a replacement tool bit for the lathe so that I could finish reducing that Nylock nut that I mentioned to a shorter overall length for clearance when installing it onto the bolt for the panel cradle.

Also took on the task of removing the tank valve in the bathroom toilet and replacing it with an entire new assembly. In and out time was fairly quick; about a 1/2 hour allowing for needing to locate different tools than what I had chosen to begin with and discovering that I did not have an 1-1/8 6 pt deep socket to pull and reset the gland nut. I was able to use a shallow 12 pt as the nut is plastic and doesn't need all that much "encouragement' to come and go. An 8 inch crescent wrench did the rest. The new unit seems to be doing its job so now I can do mine.......................;).

Think this will be an early night as tomorrow's to do list is already a page long and that doesn't include groceries. Finally did manage to lay hands on some decent chicken wings at the local M&M meats, so had a feed of them for supper. Some times I have to wonder just exactly how many of these food alert warnings for things like chicken and beef and ham are genuine and how many are lies, damned lies and political falsehoods perpetuated by those fifth columnist vegan tofu lovin' tree huggers who seem to be intoxicated with the whole concept of loving animals except when they are on the table for dinner. Thing here is that there isn't a milk crate big enough or a bull horn loud enough for me to give vent to that rant so best to leave it lay there in the road; maybe it will earn a kick or two by passers-by along the way.

Nick

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor