What did you do to your non-G Body project today [2024 edition]

yeah, I had a 04 Suburban then I was able to get back into a truck with an 08 Silverado 4x2 crew cab. both had plastic dash issues, and the 08 did suffer the AFM failure at 185k (bought it at 175k). got lucky and only had to knock the lifter loose instead of replacing the whole system, but immediately Disabled the AFM system before even starting it back up. as near as I can tell, didn't really affect fuel mileage and when it did primarily in stop/go driving

Reactions: 1 users
yeah, I had a 04 Suburban then I was able to get back into a truck with an 08 Silverado 4x2 crew cab. both had plastic dash issues, and the 08 did suffer the AFM failure at 185k (bought it at 175k). got lucky and only had to knock the lifter loose instead of replacing the whole system, but immediately Disabled the AFM system before even starting it back up. as near as I can tell, didn't really affect fuel mileage and when it did primarily in stop/go driving
I still have the AFM lifters in. The solenoids that activate them were disabled at 18k when I had the truck tuned. I actually got better milage with them off and the rest of the tune. I know they still could be an issue but fingers crossed.

Reactions: 1 user
All new trucks suck. Manufacturers are too concerned on jamming 10 pounds of sh*t into a 5 pound bag. Service has become a nightmare.

Long gone are the days of a simple truck like a square body where you can actually work on the Damm things and get to parts somewhat easily.

GMT400 was peak trucks. They just needed GMT800 power trains.

Boost is a viable substitute. :cool:

GBodyForum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Amazon, the Amazon logo, AmazonSupply, and the AmazonSupply logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Please support GBodyForum Sponsors

Classic Truck Consoles Dixie Restoration Depot UMI Performance

Contact [email protected] for info on becoming a sponsor